“I want to like this place but ”

Louie Brown's Bar Kitchen & Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A vibrant bar serving pub classics. Function room available at no extra charge and coffee shop serving breakfasts from 8:30 daily
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I want to like this place and have given it plenty of opportunities to impress. The venue is very pleasant but the food is very very average and the service needs some work. I have tried several things from the menu and it's very disappointing. I fear for it's shelf life. I will not be visiting again.

4  Thank Steeve P

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had my 1st (and as it turned out - last)visit to Louie Brown's in Dalgety Bay a few days ago for a dinner with a few friends.
The place looks great and the staff were very friendly & helpful (at least to start with).
Things started to go wrong when one of our party ordered the Ribs as a starter - when the dish came it was the worst looking plate of ribs i'd ever seen - the best way to describe it was like a plate of "slop" - it was "wet" & full of fat - the few bits that were eaten were swiftly spat back out on to the plate.Two other poor dishes followed - Green Thai Curry which the chicken was almost raw - certainly you wouldn't risk eating it & a bland Pasta Arrabattia.We informed the waitress of our dislike of the dishes and they agreed to take £20 off the meal (the food that wasn't eaten cost around £40 - as the waitress wasn't able to offer more discount she fetched the owner.
What happened next left us speechless..........
He didn't want to listen to our concerns at all -he grabbed the bill from the table,scrunched it up -told us to forget about paying - leave now and don't come back.......
I'm sorry, but if you want to serve food to members of the public you should be able to take on board criticism if they felt the food wasn't up to a reasonable standard.
It's not the cheapest place to eat so it's surely not unreasonable to expect a certain level of quality in the food - well actually you'd expect a chef to be able to cook chicken in any level of business selling food to the public.
As i said - was my 1st and last visit - seems we're not welcome back but wouldn't have went back anyway tbh.
Way to go to ruin peoples night.............................

8  Thank Dougie M
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I decided to explore the breakfast option at Louie Browns this morning. The deli area was exceedingly busy but the staff all very pleasant and unruffled, clearly explaining that a large breakfasting party's order might cause a slight delay on mine. I was offered extra coffee while I waited and enjoyed my time by reading the provided weekend papers. The veggie breakfast was delicious.. Served with a choice of apple or orange juice and the ongoing service was of a really high standard. All for £6.50 all in, great value and a nice way to spend an hour of my weekend. Thanks.

1  Thank Katiebrown050
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to L B's for a while, work commitments etc. , so it was very nice to revisit the scene of a few good meals enjoyed previously. I was there with family and by the end of the meal, I had been talked into going on a holiday, the furthest thing from my mind this morning! It must've been the relaxing atmosphere that loosened my 'purse' strings as it didn't take long to convince me. The staff were as attentive and helpful as on previous occasions! I think I said this before but, I'll be back!!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Ate on a Friday evening. Greeted immediately by friendly waiting staff. Food was served quickly and was delicious. Recommend the goats cheese & beetroot salad! Reasonable prices - main, dessert, a soft drink and a cappuccino for £20.
Waiting staff were VERY attentive, but did wonder if we were being rushed. Probably not, as we spent 4 hours chatting over a fab meal. Nice atmosphere.
Will definitely return.