“JF Polo - most excellent experience!”
Review of J F Polo Academy

J F Polo Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: The polo academy is offering outstanding tuition for all levels of rider and player, including absolute beginners with no riding experience wanting a 'taste' of one of the most glamorous, fast-paced and skillful sports in the world.
Reviewed 12 March 2013

James is amazing! My Daughter went to him at 9 to try Polo for weekly lessons, as she wanted to try something different. James was patient, and encouraging. Beginning on Woody, practicing swings and quickly progressing to his top shelf horses. Which by the way with all the amazing power were gentle and responsive to this young student and In my opinion, anyone could get on and not worry. With his tutelage she now 16 has a love for the game and utmost respect for her coach James.

I would encourage anyone who has wondered about what it is like to play polo, or if to try something they have never done before, take a lesson- if you are part of a group, make it a team building day, or bring your pony club for a clinic-

James and his team are very adaptable and you will be all but guaranteed a great time and perhaps a new love for the sport. James' Academy is and will be the premiere spot to Learn the game, so my recommendation is absolutely give it a shot you have nothing to loose with JF Polo!

4  Thank JACKYLEESAM1
"chester"
in 4 reviews
"mallet"

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have been riding for a while doing bit of show jumping and a bit of cross country when I came to JF Polo Academy.

Felt really bad after the first lesson with James because I loved polo so much I felt like I was cheating on classical style of riding!

The place is beautiful and one of the cleanest stables you'll ever find. The horses looking stunning and well looked after.

Now the teaching side of things... On my first lesson I was useless. No. Useless is not quite enough to describe how bad I was! Spent two hours on a horse and just couldn't get used to the most basic swing.

James has been brilliant and very encouraging, he tried many ways of explaining the technique of the swing etc. On my third lesson I started hitting the ball in canter- needless to say- it's not thanks to my skills.

Polo is one of the best things I've done in my life and would recommend it to anyone- whether you ride or not. As of establishments to try it in- look no further than JF Polo Academy. Go and try it- you won't regret it.

1  Thank Ines020287
Reviewed 12 March 2013

James is a brilliant polo coach and his field is banging. He is a key man to have on any university polo trip. He has fantastic horses that are great for playing on. I imagine that the bar in his new club house will be nothing short of brilliance.

3  Thank elliotjmason
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This i cant recommend enough, i had never ridden a horse, let alone hit a ball from one! Within an hour James the instructor had me not only ridding and controlling the horse but actually able to hit ball to decent degree. I was amazed in such a short space of time i had a new, grated very basic skill of being able to get on a horse and move about.
It will be something i will definitely be going to do again!
Thanks James and the team at J F Polo Academy