“Hen Party!”
Review of J F Polo Academy

J F Polo Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: The polo academy is offering outstanding tuition for all levels of rider and player, including absolute beginners with no riding experience wanting a 'taste' of one of the most glamorous, fast-paced and skillful sports in the world.
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Thank you so much to James and the team for making my Hen Party such an enjoyable day! The day started with pairing you up with your horse for the day - James matched the horses to the riders perfectly - we had a wide range of abilities from event riders to those who enjoy a nice quiet hack. We had an hours riding to start the morning - fantastic teaching by James! We then all sat on the wooden horse to perfect our skills before going to the local pub for lunch. Lunch was excellent with food choices for even the fussiest of eaters! We then returned to the polo field to further develop our skills before going into a game of chukka. The day was fantastic and would highly recomend James and the team if you are considering doing something different for your Hen Party!!

All reviews
"chester"
in 4 reviews
"mallet"

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have been riding since the age of 3, competed when I was younger on my horse and and as I got older, rode less and less. I decided I wanted to learn something new. James is a great instructor who makes you feel at ease. He is very patient and ensures that you remain confident throughout the lesson.The horses are stunning and are so patient and well behaved. The grounds are perfect to learn how to play polo with indoor arenas available for lessons throughout the winter. Polo is so much fun and the adreneline rushes as you canter up to the ball. Id say 100% give it a go!!!

1  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had my first polo lesson in 2012,it was a great and fun experience and I learnt alot of James as he is a great instructor and explains things very clearly.. Great for beginners or advanced riders and I was also lucky to work for James last year and I'm back again this year.. The horses are great to ride and have lots of personality and are very well trained! Would recommend to anyone Intrested in horses or are riders and want to try polo :-) xx

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have been riding for years, and thought I would try and give polo a go. It is so much fun, and James makes things so easy, explaining everything and still making it fun. the horses are fantastic, I have seen children and professionals alike ride them, and they respond so well, a real joy to ride. James is very patient, as are the horses thankfully, as it took me a while to even hit the ball! Very, very highly recommended.

1  Thank BLCpearson
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2013

James is amazing! My Daughter went to him at 9 to try Polo for weekly lessons, as she wanted to try something different. James was patient, and encouraging. Beginning on Woody, practicing swings and quickly progressing to his top shelf horses. Which by the way with all the amazing power were gentle and responsive to this young student and In my opinion, anyone could get on and not worry. With his tutelage she now 16 has a love for the game and utmost respect for her coach James.

I would encourage anyone who has wondered about what it is like to play polo, or if to try something they have never done before, take a lesson- if you are part of a group, make it a team building day, or bring your pony club for a clinic-

James and his team are very adaptable and you will be all but guaranteed a great time and perhaps a new love for the sport. James' Academy is and will be the premiere spot to Learn the game, so my recommendation is absolutely give it a shot you have nothing to loose with JF Polo!

4  Thank JACKYLEESAM1