“Still Fabulous!”

The Bluebell Cafe at Barrowmore
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bluebell cafe is a small friendly place to relax in a lovely setting, sourcing local produce and producing freshly cooked foods. All profits go back into our charity which supports people with learning difficulties.
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to this cafe and have never received bad service or a bad meal. Today I went on my own to enjoy a spot of lunch and had the special of the day frittata... I love goats cheese and this was in abundance in the dish!

The meal was gorgeous and the staff are just great. Leonie and her team just can't do enough for you. I appreciate that every one has their own opinion but feel that any negative reviews of this place are simply unfounded.

If you want good quality food that is made from scratch be patient. The girls do a great job.

3  Thank tracieo

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Starting at the top - what a lively little cafe!

I had a very nice eggs benedict. All freshly made to order, bright orange yolk on the free range eggs, can't recommend enough. Tasty, will definatly order again!

But the highlight of this place is the staff. Not only their culinary skills, but their service. I can't understand any previous negative reviews as it's so friendly. A quick, poor quality in and out service is for McDonalds! A friend and I sat down and interacted with the 2 ladies serving, and a little bit of extra cooking time is nothing compared to quality and service. Was made to feel so welcome it's almost as if they came to my home to cook for me!

Will be back soon you can count on it!

4  Thank Darren M
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As a group of cyclists seeking Tea and Cake this venue is ideal, with prompt, friendly service. good selection of cakes as well as hot food (inc bacon & sausage baps), and lovely large pots of tea. All very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

2  Thank CraigHCheshire
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Yesterday my husband and I went for afternoon tea and it really was fabulous. From the moment I rang to reserve a table I was impressed. The staff, the service, the presentation and the quality of the food were excellent. We were greeted when we arrived and sat in the conservatory with a lovely view. There was a fantastic variety of sandwiches and all were so tasty that we couldn`t decide which was our favourite! Then the selection of homemade cakes arrived and we were in for a treat. They looked beautiful, but I have to say that the most delicious thing was the flapjack. It was incredible and when I told them how much I loved it, they brought me some more - heaven! All in all we had a wonderful time and the food was excellent. The best afternoon tea that I have had (and I have had many in my time!). I will be back very soon ...... Tuesday in fact for my birthday treat. I can`t wait! Caroline

2  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have visited the Bluebell Cafe a few times and always enjoy the atmosphere and the great staff Jo and Lainey are lovely ladies.
Had delicious salad but coffee cake was disappointing dry and not much flavour.
Overall a really nice lunch, worth a visit.

1  Thank Liz A