“Alright, but nothing to write home about”

Southern Tre Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 152 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 25 June 2018

It was good. Just...good. We went for lunch, and the service was fine, but the food wasn't anything special, really. Decor was cute, service was quick, but nothing stood out.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a good steak restaurant and didn’t want to go to a chain type place. So glad we tried this place out!! The food was wonderful. I got the ribeye with a side salad and asparagus topped with Parmesan and bacon. Oh my word was it all delicious!! My husband got the Tennessee crawfish and grits. It had grits cooked in cream and wine with crawfish cooked in some type sauce, fried white fish and collard greens. He absolutely loved it!! The service was excellent. Our waitress checked on us just enough without being overly attentive. It was a great meal and a wonderful experience. Also the restaurant is in an old building downtown with exposed brick. It was a great atmosphere too. I highly recommend trying this out if in Columbia. They offer salads, burgers, sandwiches, steak, chicken, pork and seafood.

1  Thank Marcia D
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We heard good and bad from friends and decided to try a dinner out. I got the Filet and it was very good! My wife ordered chicken and it was nothing special. The service was great as our server was right on top of everything. The price was a little high but we would come again.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This restaurant is a surprise when the food arrives. It is southern gourmet and delicious! The beef filet was cooked to perfection... highly recommend the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

My husband and I live in Columbia and have eaten here on numerous occasions and have always had a fabulous meal with excellent service. Consequently, this is my new favorite restaurant!!! The atmosphere here is relaxed and welcoming and suits family gatherings as well as intimate date nights. They can also accommodate large parties so that everyone can sit at the same table. A separate full service bar with bar seating is also available. By far one of our favorite features of this restaurant is the courtyard. It has several tables, white lights, and beautiful iron chandeliers hanging from one of the brick walls. On Thursday nights there is the added bonus of live courtyard music with a very talented musician, weather permitting. The steaks, grilled chicken, and bacon wrapped shrimp are some of our favorite entrees. And my personal favorite side dish is the sweet potatoes and adding the candied pecans really ups their wow factor. The baked beans and macaroni and cheese are also excellent. The servers are friendly and attentive and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time here. My husband and I eat here often and have never been disappointed and I think you will experience the same!!!

Been to Southern Tre Steakhouse? Share your experiences!