All reviews biscuits eggs cracker barrel rooms are clean waffle house check in was easy recommend this hotel hot tub spring hill yogurt bed was comfortable hot breakfast hie interstate florida gravy proximity
Reviewed 27 March 2013

rooms excellent, plenty of ac outlets, clean, service staff great very helpful, great place to stay for business, Cracker Barrel across the road, next to I65, breakfast is, good food is fresh especially fruit, fitness room could be updated a little but biggy, overall worth the money

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I hate to say this hotel was ok. But it really just comes down to the noise level and staff. Rooms were nice and clean, breakfast was great. Staff was ok, could look a little more professional and the housekeepers could spend a little less time in public on their cell phones and with their buddies gathered up talking. What makes me say this hotel is just ok is how loud it was. The hotel is right beside the interstate, fine, I understand that noise. My issue is that the walls are so thin you can hear your next door neighbor sneeze. So you can imagine what you hear all through the night. At $124 a night I would have expected a little better quality built room with some insulation in those walls. I would suggest maybe lowering the rates. And definitely come in and keep a check on your staff, seems a little less gossip and a little more work might be better.

Date of stay: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear vanomad,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our staff and for the noise during your stay. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 December 2012

This is obviously the nicest hotel in Columbia. Please note it is not in Columbia, but on the Interstate 65 with most of the other brands. The accomodations are fine and the staff is excellent. It is clean and neat and just about everything you expect from Holiday Inn Express. I did request a quiet room, but ended up on the front of the building. That's about the same as trying to sleep in the median of I-65! My room was terribly loud. Even the drone of the air conditioner wouldn't cover it up. I also asked for high speed internet. That's a subjective term and my definition of high speed seems to differ from HI. If you have the opportunity to stay there, make sure you get a room facing away from the interstate. West side only!

Room tip: West side only.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Liberty1070,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am particularly appreciative of your kind comments regarding our staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. I would also like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay at , very clean and convenient to highway ,
Everything inside looks brand new , this hotel is recently remodeled feel very fresh , easy access to town or just ride to Nashville
Stay in this place few different times and laws had very good experience

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We have stayed a couple of times at this HIE. They remembered my husband when he checked in the other day. They also thanked us for staying with them again. Priority Club member's get a free drink or candy bar in the market. The room was clean & bed was comfy. Normal breakfast items for HIE. I like their water feature in the lobby!

Room tip: We always ask for the top floor.
Date of stay: November 2012