“Typical Holiday Inn X at typical interstate exit”

Holiday Inn Express Columbia
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We pulled off the interstate here on the way north from Florida. The Hampton Inn at this exit wanted a high price and the property looked a little tired so we went next door to the Holiday Inn Express. They were slightly higher, but the property looked a little newer so we took it. The room was acceptable. The beds were comfortable and the property seemed fairly clean. The place was quiet except at one point someone was pounding on something and it was loud, indicating less than sound proof construction. fortunately the noise only went on for a few minutes. We could also hear conversations in the hallway. The breakfast was a typical free breakfast. The scrambled eggs looked awful, but nothing was wrong with the rest of the breakfast. The wireless barely worked at all after logging in and after 10 minutes we gave up. While there was nothing drastically wrong with this property, at $146 including tax with an AAA discount, if you are looking for value for your dollar, you won't find it here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear dave62,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that our rooms and breakfast menu were up t par with your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the noise and internet issues you have encountered may have casued. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great location, right off I 65. Clean lobby, breakfast room & hotel room. Sleeping quality very nice. Great desk help. Had a problem logging into the WiFi. It was solved promptly & efficiently. Indoor pool was a little small. There was a birthday party celebration & the pool was filled with children. I know this is not the fault of the hotel, but it was loud with high pitched screaming 9-11 year old children. Breakfast was good...the usual biscuits, gravy & cheese omelets. There was an assortment of dry cereal, & yogurt. Coffee was hot, fruit juices were available also.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is the best. Don't have to listen to any heavy feet above your head.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights with our young children because of the indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. Everything was clean and quaint. Pool was comfortably heated (no shivering when entering), gym had a few free weights, 2 treadmills & an elliptical, breakfast had plenty of options (similar to a Hampton Inn), room was clean, but you can hear traffic from highway if your room faces in that direction, laundry facility also available. It was the perfect option for us since we had children. There are also several restaurants within walking distance (tex-mex-awesome, italian-great, & asian-didn't try). A grocery store is around the corner less than .25 miles. And, the staff is friendly, too.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It is 4 years old hotel and it is very nice one. Rooms are clean and sleeping quality is great. The beck side of the hotel is more quiet. To my surprise, room was warm (it was a cold day) upon our arrival. Breakfast area is nice and service was great. There is a lot of hotel competition in the area, that is why I think they should price their rooms lower.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very pleased with the customer service at this Holiday Inn Express. I am a Platinum Elite member of the Priority Club and my parents were traveling home from Florida during a major storm and I wanted to give them a free night on points. I booked the reservation online and then called the hotel to make sure my parents names were on the reservation so they would have no issues at check-in. The front desk staff was amazing and made sure that my parents were taken care of. Mom sent pictures of the room and said they were clean and everything was great. I would recommend this hotel on the customer service alone, but after seeing pictures of the rooms, I would add in that the rooms were clean and comfortable (Mom's words). Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Front desk outstanding!!! Check in- Outstanding!!! Room clean and very spacious. Try a king executive suite, what a treat!! Highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast area was very clean and the service was very attentive.
The young lady who checked me in ought to manage IHG, she really has it together.
Columbia is in the middle of nowhere but this hotel really has it together!!!

Room Tip: ask for a King executive suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The three members of my team were greeted warmly by two front desk employees upon arrival, late on a Monday night. We were checked in quickly and efficiently...which seems to be harder and harder to find. I don't know the age of this hotel but it is either relatively new or has a relatively new remodel. Either way, this is a clean and comfortable place to stay that you will not be disappointed with. An indoor pool and a smallish fitness center that includes a treadmill, an exercise bike, an elliptical machine and a small assortment of dumbells. Nice place to stay. One word of advice, if you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room that faces the back of the hotel because (like many hotels) there is a freeway near the front. I put the fan setting to ON to create the white noise necessary for good sleep.

Room Tip: rooms facing the back of the hotel should be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Super 8 Columbia
#8 of 10 in Columbia
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury
Holiday Inn Express - Nashville South - Spring Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia? Share your experiences!