“a tasty lagniappe in middle Tennessee”
Review of River Terrace

River Terrace
Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2013

When a business colleague and I pulled into the parking lot there was only one other car; the building wasn't brightly lit and we wondered if perhaps these were signs to find another location. But as it was a dark n stormy evening just a couple of days after "censored" daylight savings ended and we were famished, we took a chance and were so thrilled we did!
This is very, very good food, creatively and carefully prepared: spices in proportion to authentic New Orleans cuisine, thoughtfully blended so that one can still taste the main ingredients. The serving sizes were ample without being crazy large.
My colleague ordered one of the grilled fish entrees and raved about its flavor and freshness. We both had the asparagus and were pleased with its tenderness. My entree was a big ol' bowl of crawfish etouffee and I'd say it was as good as any I've had in NOLA.
They told us they run facebook specials rather frequently, so you might want to "friend" them; we found them via a referral from our hotel front desk clerk.

4  Thank eB0LD

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Perfect in every way. Elizabeth is the perfect hostess. Brad is a great server. and the food is nothing short of amazing! They always welcome us with our favorite table for a romantic dinner. We have wonderful pictures but not sure how to load them here. Just follow them on that face page to see more. Thank you all for the great memories. See you soon!

3  Thank Millie M
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We arrived around 5 PM and appeared to be the first for dinner. We were seated in a corner that afforded us very nice views of the Duck river. We had extremely prompt service. We ordered wine and a crab cake appetizer to start and a crab chowder. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and the wife the stuffed salmon. A special side dish created that day was called the loaded baked potato salad which I ordered. The crab cakes were good but I guess I have been spoiled by the ones I got in the Baltimore area some time ago. The crab chowder was very good. We ordered the salads with Landry's dressing which also was very good. My shrimp were topped with crab and the wife's salmon was stuffed with a crab and shrimp mixture. The shrimp was very good and the wife said her salmon was excellent. She commented that the seasonings on the food were quite nice and not overpowering like other New Orleans style restaurants we have tried. The loaded baked potato salad was very good as well. I would definitely eat here again if we are ever in the area again.

3  Thank clemson_grad79
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband I were staying a B&B in Hampshire,Tennessee and wanting a steak we goggled and this was the result. GREAT job Goggle!! The atmosphere is so romantic, the view incredible and the food delicious. I ordered the rib eye and when it arrived I had to laugh. It was the LARGEST steak I have ever seen, taking up nearly the whole platter (lunch for tomorrow, yeah!) Folks were dressed in shorts and tees and some were dressed in their "Sunday best" Our waiter was very attentive and made sure we needed nothing. Best of all the steak was delicious, tender and plentiful. The "palate cleanser" raspberry sorbet served between the salad and meal was a very special surprise that my husband totally enjoyed.

3  Thank Ivoryjane
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had our 25th anniversary meal here. The food was great. John our waiter was funny and helpful his suggestions were spot on. The owner came out and made his rounds and was nice and friendly. We both had the steak and potato salad it was done perfect.

3  Thank RobMcNall

Been to River Terrace? Share your experiences!