“Deplorable”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Chilton, Wisconsin
“Deplorable”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Booked wrong location online website would not redirect to cancel minutes later called corporate office and told I would be charged $100 for cancellation got it taken care of with direct call to the location. Room in need of maintenance no coffee pot or clock loose knobs leaky faucet bath filthy a 3 ft area of feces wiped on the wall knob and floor. Floor obviously not cleaned in a very long time. Cleaned it myself but disgusted that housekeeping missed it. Fix it or tear it down

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Irishrovers973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Key West
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We joined the club and made reservations a couple months before we planned to arrive. Got the best prices and the maximum benefits from their ABVI club. Turns out we were going to arrive a day early so I called and they added an additional day to out itinerary. Arrived late at night, moved in to the room and had a good nigh sleep. The following morning the front office called and asked if we were expecting another arrival because they had two reservations in our name. No, just us. Then I realized what had happened. The day I added created a new reservation. I went to the office and discovered I was paying top rate for our stay. By adding the additional day, the entire reservation was dismissed and suddenly all my discounts and benifits were gone. The next few days I tried to get someone to work it out and everyone I talked to agreed there was a problem and the rates would be corrected. As it turned out I needed to stay additional days for my business and I discovered I could get a much better rate from my laptop in the hotel room than I could get from the front office!!!! I booked additional nights from my room because the front desk would not honor the rate directly?!?! What a pain. It took almost THREE MONTHS and constant follow up with the corporate office to get a refund for the over charge. No cooperation whatsoever. The corporate people even told me that adding a day would cancel the previously negotiated rate. EVERY ONE PROMISED A CALL BACK. EVERY ONE SAID IT WAS AN EASY FIX. 3 MONTHS! ----- Empty promises and no concern for the customer. The room was OK but it's no wonder they are #8 out of 8 in Columbia. EMPTY PROMISES, LIES AND DECEPTION, but the rooms are OK

Room Tip: Be very careful, if you dare reserve anything at this place.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William B

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Steinhatchee
Reviewed 25 May 2013

First room I was given we couldn't open the door cause it had been painted and shut before paint had dry. Second room smelled and was very dirty. It was 1A. M when we checked in and we were traveling with pets to tired to go further that night. This was our first trip with pets and did not realize how hard it was to find a hotel that accepted pets. Next time I will plan a head.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexander t
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 25 December 2012

This was, by far, the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Stopped here overnight with a family of 5 headed from Orlando. FL back to our home in Illinois. Decided we were too tired to finish the trip and pulled in here by accident. We would've been better just to continue driving, or pay another $30 for the Comfort Inn next door. There was a creepy guy in the lobby to check us in, who looked like he didn't work there. He was nice and gave us a first floor room. The room was terrible, but we were only going to be there for about 8 hours so we weren't too worried about it. The pillows were non-existent and you could feel springs through the bed. The sheets did smell clean, thank god, otherwise I would've left. The toilet stopped up on us once. The so-called continental breakfast was only coffee, donuts, apples, and dry cereal (no milk). My family, including three children, were in the lobby for 20 minutes to eat "breakfast" and nobody ever came to the customer service counter to see if we needed anything. This place needs either new ownership or to just be shut down. From now on, I will pull up reviews on my phone before I walk into any hotel last-minute to book a room.

Room Tip: Move on..... get something else...... it isn't worth the money!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LHughes77
abvicolumbiatn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear LHughes77,

On behalf of the staff at Americas Best Value Inn-Columbia, I would like to extend my deepest apologies for any issues you encountered during your stay. I am sorry that I was not able to respond sooner to your complaint. We try to ensure that each of our guests have an enjoyable stay. We will take corrective measures so that this does not happen to any of our future guests. I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Mike-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Columbia, TN
Waynesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed July 20, 2012. Waited in the lobby for 10 min trying to check in. I rang the bell and everything. Finally had to call on my cell phone to get them to come to the front. All the lights were shot. Nasty food in the fridge that was turned off. The toilet didnt flush. Got a call one morning from the staff, mad bescause we had took a shower and it was leaking in the room below us. Dead bugs in the floor.No refund.Continental breakfast is a joke; no bread, bagels or toaster. No waffle maker. No coffee maker in room and towels are cheap and old.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amber s
Dear Amber S,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I am deeply concerned about the issues you mentioned. I apologize for any housekeeping and maintenance issues which occurred during your stay. We do have a limited Continental Breakfast which is served daily. We take all concerns seriously and take any corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Regards,
Mike-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Columbia, TN
Madison, South Dakota
Reviewed 28 December 2010

No shampoo or lotion in room. Rooms old and similar to dumpy motels on side of road. Continental breakfast is a joke; no bread, bagels or toaster. No waffle maker. No coffee maker in room and towels are cheap and old. No washer/dryer at motel. Skip this place and keep driving.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank dcedlr
Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2009

The price is too high for what you get. In addition, there was no coffee maker in the room, the sink was damaged and needed replacing, there were squashed insects on the walls, only one bar of soap was provided, and the room had a musty odor. When I was checking in, a couple in front of me asked to see a room. The wife went to inspect the room and when she returned she said something to the clerk and then they both immediately left. I asked the clerk why they left so quickly and she said they had requested a non-smoking room but the only one available was a smoking room and the wife couldn't tolerate the odor. Since I was getting a non-smoking room, I thought might fare better. However, after entering the room, I wished I would have followed that couple out the door too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo