“SHAN, The Desk Clerk”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Huntsville, Alabama
“SHAN, The Desk Clerk”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Before I discuss the hotel, one perk at this location that is something we have come to really like is the white chocolate chip cookies that are generally available at 3 pm check in. This trip we arrived around 3:30 pm and the cookies were gone. We mentioned this to SHAN who was checking us in and he volunteered to make some more for us. He did so each afternoon of the two days we stayed. He didn't have to take this extra measure of southern hospitality but he did. THANKS SHAN. You represent Comfort Inn well.
We have spent two nights at this location each February for the past four years while we are attending events in Cookville. The rooms are currently being remodeled. The new lobby and breakfast area have completed remodeling and look nice. This hotel has maintained consistent quality and is in a good location with many restaurants all around it. We intend to continue staying there each trip we make to Cookville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Don,

My staff and I, especially Shan, thank you for you kind words and continued patronage; it is a pleasure to serve you and you look forward to your return. We will have our newly renovated rooms ready for you and of course our delicious cookies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The room and breakfast was typical for this chain, and we stay at this chain often, and have even stayed at this particular motel a couple of years back. My biggest concern was the bathroom as the drop ceiling runners were very rusty and the panels had mold on them. By the time I noticed, it was the morning, so we didn't check out then, but they need to at least change the tiles. Otherwise it was a decent stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your review, we genuinely value your opinion. Allow me to apologize in behalf of our hotel regarding the room condition on your last visit. However, we are currently, in the process of upgrading our rooms and I take this opportunity to invite you again and experience our upgraded rooms.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am a regular at this hotel and during my stay last November, I have seen the improvement in terms of hotel management and public areas. So when my wife and I returned to Cookeville to visit relatives we decided to stay in this hotel again. However, we were appalled at witnessing the behavior, tone and language (foreign) being used by an Indian woman who we believe from her obvious authority was the owner. This person was very loud and disrespectful to employees and as a guest we were very disturbed by her loud tone even while she was talking in her foreign language over the phone. Because of this we opted to have an early check out, I and my wife will never stay in this property ever again. I won't even recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns. We very much value and welcome feedback from our guests; as the voice of our guests allow us the opportunity to continuously improve our hotel operations and services.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the inconvenience and unacceptable staff behavior you witnessed. The individual you are referring to was our Rooms Inspector for a short period; she is no longer working with our property. We take much pride in our customers as well as our staff and strive for a harmonious environment. Again, I apologize for this individual’s actions and hope you will allow my staff and I with another opportunity to provide you and your family the exceptional service we always strive to deliver.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally with any other concerns or future bookings. I again do hope you will you take us into consideration when visiting Cookeville again and experience our ongoing improvements including the upcoming guestroom updates.
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

It's typically hard to find a place that can accommodate a family of 6 staying on a vacation.... This place was great! 2 queen beds, and a queen sleeper sofa! Perfect! Room was clean and had good decor. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was GREAT! Western omelets and biscuits with gravy! Plus the waffle station and various other goodies. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Stayed December 2013
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We sincerely appreciate your review, in behalf of my staff thank you. We look forward in providing you a superior service again on your next visit to Cookeville. Wishing you and your family the best for 2014.
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The weather was cold & rainy and I did not want to drive home after sunset and decided to check into the Comfort Inn & Suites. I was in room 304 for the night of Dec 7th & 8th.

I really appreciated the friendly staff, the super quiet room on the 3rd (top) floor and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The room was clean & spacious, king bed, TV, microwave, small refrigerator, computer desk & chair, sofa and coffee table. Bathroom was very clean with plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner and hand cream in small bottles.

The breakfast buffet had coffee, juices, cereal, danish, bagels, regular & low fat yogurt, hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker and hot items, such as: biscuits & gravy, link sausage & small cheese omelets or scrambled eggs.

The Comfort Inn & Suites is high on a hill, so very little street noise with a well-lit parking lot which is important when traveling alone. Just around the corner from many restaurants and shopping. They had an indoor pool and whirlpool that I did not have time to use, as I was visiting someone at the Cookeville Regional Medical Center. Super quiet elevator, ice on 1st floor, soda machine on each floor.

Room Tip: I was in room 304 -very quiet, away from elevator, soda machine.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
We thank you for your review and it is greatly appreciated. We strive to ensure complete satisfaction to all our guests. Your sincere review has revealed to my staff and I that we are indeed doing a wonderful job. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My mother and I stayed here for days and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Our room was so nice and clean, my mother love her stay in this hotel, for the staff were so kind to her, even the lady manager, my mother says is so sweet and very accommodating. Thanks Comfort Inn and Suites for our memorable and excellent stay. You are our extended family now.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It was a pleasure having you and your mother stayed with us, and should you happen to visit Cookeville again we will definitely, reserve a room for you.

Wishing you and Ms. Helen the happiest NEW YEAR 2014! From all of us - your Comfort Inn and Suites family.
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Cookeville on Nov 5th. The stay was enjoyable from check in to departure. The staff were excellent, the room very nice and the bed excellent.
No complaints....can't go wrong here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you. We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you again, especially that we are currently upgrading our facilities.