“Will visit again”

Days Inn Cookeville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night, my first impression of the hotel was that it was dated & not in the best repair. Furniture was dinged up, upholstery was a little worn & legs wobbly, the toilet tank lid was cracked through & caulked back together. The bedding was fresh & clean and the bathroom was as well so I had no problem with that. We had hot water very quickly-no problems there.

Location is excellent for commuters-its accessible to the highway, very easy to find, & in the food/retail mecca of the area. If there's a restaurant you want to eat at, its within a mile of this restaurant!

Wi-Fi had a strong signal & the speed was fairly good-we were about halfway down the building from the lobby.

"Workout room" needs to be removed & converted back to a hotel room which is what the exercise machines are housed in. Its pretty embarrassing with just a few machines.

Breakfast was fine-there were your typical juice machines, array of cereals, breads & a waffle machine.

Staff wants to keep you on the check in/check out schedule. We asked for a late checkout, however, at 1/2 hour until regular check out time, the staff were calling, knocking on the door, etc. That was kind of annoying because I checked in well after midnight. They let me stay in the lobby to keep using the internet after check out.

I hope the management considers making some small improvements to the furnishings & fixtures in the rooms, it would go a long way for comfort.

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you can, we did not see an elevator anywhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AmberHavingFun
Richmond
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel shower would not work. The sink in the restroom was hot water to the right and cold water to the left. The 2nd room had a clean air machine that was left on the sink. It shold have been left on because when the air-conditioning was turned on it was s discusting body oder smell that filled the room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinncookeville, Webmaster at Days Inn Cookeville, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our Cookesville, TN property. I don’t completely understand your comments, but I’m glad we could move you to a room that met your needs. We do whatever is necessary to clean the air in rooms, including using air cleaners, but I don’t understand about the smell from the AC. I don’t know how that would be possible. In any case, I apologize if we fell short of your expectations and hope we can serve you again.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Days Inn representatives misquoted the room price when called a couple of hours prior to arriving. The "non smoking" room had a burn hole on the bed covers front and center...there hadn't even been an attempt to hide it. You could have grown mushrooms in the mold that was on the shower curtain...the metal drain plug had to be removed completely to drain water. The refrigerator looked like it was salvaged from the garbage and froze our fruit we put inside. The room was supposed to have been a jetted tub...the price was for such....no jetted tub and had there been one wouldnt have sat in the filthy tub anyway. The hotel staff was no knowledgeable about their rooms and frankly they had a nonchalant attitude about my complaints passing me off to the next unhelpful worker. Well never recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not in this hotel...that is my best advice to you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for making me aware of customer service and maintenance issues you experienced at my property. While I can’t verify that we found the issues you mentioned, we’re rechecking all rooms to make sure they meet expectations. Nothing is more important to us than customer service, but it sounds like we also fell short in that way. We apologize sincerely for any issues you experienced. That simply isn’t acceptable.

Hotel Manager.