“Could Use Some Improvements”

Comfort Suites Cookeville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
KY
“Could Use Some Improvements”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed in Cookeville for a family reunion. I booked a group of 3 rooms for my group. There were some positive aspects of the stay and some not so good. I am a Choice Privilege member so I stay at Choice Hotels quite often. Deidre, a nice young lady checked us in with great care and efficiency. This hotel is undergoing a much needed renovation so some areas were nice while others were lacking. This hotel was not up to par with most Comfort Suites I have stayed at. The bathrooms were clean, but dirt around baseboards and shower tiles on the ceiling had rusty spots as well as rust stains on the side of one of the toilets.The carpets were new looking, but there was a few cracked tiles in the bathrooms. Each room had 2 queens, a worn sofa, desk and rolling chair, microwave, and refrigerator. Mattresses were very clean and comfortable. Nice, fluffy pillows. However, we did have one refrigerator with a block of ice in it the size of Texas! The first night we went to the pool only to find a large group of obnoxious young boys dominating the small pool. There was a woman, man, and child with them. The boys were so rude they literally swan underneath us. We got out and got in the hot tub and after a few minutes they piled in too. The couple never once said anything to the teens. Finally they left, but the pools was so cloudy, one could hardly see the bottom. They took every last towel the hotel had out! I stopped at the front desk to complain and the short guy with red hair who works the afternoon to early evening shift at the front desk, just ignored me and went on checking others in while we drenched the floor since we only had the towels we brought with us to use. The next evening when one of the rooms had a clogged toilet, (the one with the rusty stain down the side), we called the front desk. The same guy asked if we had a plunger!!!! I guess travelers are now supposed to carry plungers with them because the hotel has insufficient plumbing and no maintenance available????? That is absurd!!!! When we left for dinner, he tried to stay hunched down at the desk and wouldn't look up. I guess he thought we would need something.The rest of the staff, the overnight shift tall guy, and Deidre were as nice as the other guy was not. Now the rest of the story... No toast, bagels,or sausage for breakfast. There was fresh fruit, great orange juice, and coffee however. Other members of the group had waffles, yogurt, gravy, biscuits, and eggs. Although the hotel was adequately clean, had great beds and pillows, I think I will choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quiet at night so it was easy to sleep without disturbance. Beds were soft and v...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Henry P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
My name is Henry Piarrot. I am the new manager of the Comfort Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of attention to your needs. I am personally responsible for the actions, or in this case inaction of my staff.

Know that I completely understand what a great compliment we are paid when a guest chooses our property for their stay and we must all make sure this never happens again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 1 May 2013

When I called to book the room I was quoted $74 per night. When I arrived I saw that I was going to be charged $74 for Sunday night and $84 for Monday night. When I questioned this the clerk, who did not speak English very well, acted offended and proceeded to tell me, as though I were stupid, that Mondays are very busy therefore the rate was higher. Not only that, but the hotel was under renovation, so there was drywall dust everywhere, not to mention the paint fumes and all of the loud banging of construction. When I booked the room they failed to mention that the hotel was under major renovation. I would have gone to another hotel as soon as entered this hotel if not for the fact that we were in town to see a relative that was in the hospital and my sisters were already checked in to their room. I recommend going to another hotel like the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Danville, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 March 2013

From start to finish our experience was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable. The bed had a pillow top mattress and just as comfortable as home. Breakfast had a variety that suited us.

Room Tip: Rooms with king size beds are in a quieter section. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Your review is an exact viewpoint we want to paint to all our guests coming into the Comfort Suites, we are so happy to hear that your stay was exceptional. We will be saving a room for you!!
Knoxville
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I were going to spend Saturday in Nashville-We stopped at this hotel to get a good night sleep before visiting Cummins Falls in cookeville and then onto Nashville. When we arrived we had to wait at least 5-10 minutes for the agent to get back to the desk, but once we checked in and got to our room it was very clean-the bed was comfortable and there was a seating area with a sofa that had a partial divider. Very nice and a lot of restaurants very close by.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank for your positive review! Here at the Suites we do our best to provide a seemless check in/ check out process for all our guests, I would like to apologize to you for the small discrepancy you incurred. I am already looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Comfort Suites!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We were checked in quickly by Rick. He reservation and keys were already to go and we were done. The key did not work so we took a quick trip to the desk. The room was above average. the sofa was a little hard but it was comfortable. The pool was clean, inside and enjoyed by the kids. The breakfast was good. The eggs were watery as to be expected. no breakfast meats just sausage gravy for biscuits. The waffle was good and all in all a decent and quick breakfast.

Our group used the breakfast are for a meeting and for a pizza dinner. it was a nice touch to have this available.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
We welcome your compliment with open arms! We can not wait for your return visit! Thank you again
Newbern, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Not a good place. None of the electrical outlets worked in the bathroom. There were stains all over the bathroom floor. When we told the girl at check-out, she said maybe they should replace the outlets
The window was so dirty you couldn't see out. Go on down the road...not good at all.

• Stayed December 2012
I personally apologize for any discrepancies occurring during your stay here with us. Please feel free to contact me personally for a return visit. Thank you again, we welcome all suggestions as we believe they leave us opportunity to grow.
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Staff hotel are excellent and gotta love the manager she is the bomb. Hotel very clean ang quiet . The staff especially the manager will go out of their way to pls u as a customer. There are all amenities needed to have a comfortable stay and well as a very good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you so much for your kind response! We enjoy your company here at the hotel and will continue to provide you with the service we believe every guest deserves!