“Clean, friendly, lovely breakfast”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cookeville, Tennessee August 31 through September 2, 2013. It was my parents second time to stay here and because of the lovely accommodations we chose to stay here once again. We had two rooms, one with two Queen beds, a sitting area with a couch that makes into a bed, the second room had a king sized bed, a sitting area with a couch that makes into a bed. The rooms are decorated nicely, comfortable beds, very clean, with a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. Nice flat LCD television, with free wifi. The continental breakfast had both hot and cold choices, along with juice and coffee. A beautiful indoor pool and jacuzzi, also a small gym. I noticed that this motel also has a washer and dryer at the end of the first floor.

We were very pleased and recommend this motel highly.

Room Tip: Any room you choose you will be pleased.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doxielvr3

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a very nice Comfort Suites motor lodge. It was rated 2 diamonds by AAA. My room had a king bed, a sitting alcove (couch and table lamps) with desk, flat screen LCD television, and excellent bed. It was quiet even though it is right at a highway exit off Interstate 40. The interior hallways probably helped. The hot breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Road_Rambler59
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was enroute to Tunica, Mississippi on Tuesday, July 30, 2013, and arrived in Cookseville TN, around 6:30 pm. I did not have a reservation, and Stephen the customer agent on duty was so nice and friendly. The hotel was clean, assigned me a room, that was clean and refreshing. They are motorcycle friendly, they allow two riders with me to park out motorcycles under the breeze way, out of the path of cars. When returning from dinner, we were greeted again and asked if there was anything he could do for us. Upon checkout the following morning the agent was just as friendly, and checkout was painless. ... This is a must stay, and you will be glad you did. If I am back in the area, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank UltraClassic07
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We pulled in at 2:00 am, immediately had issues even though the two people were very nice. The reservation was messed up- my fault/their fault, I still don't know. They had trouble figuring out how to get us in a room. Gave us keys after, at least, 15 minutes. That room was occupied. Back downstairs, new keys. That room was occupied too!! Seriously? I told them they could refund my money and I would go across the street. The answer was that they were doing the best they could. Finally got into an non-occupied room after 40 minutes. Then they called just as we got into bed to tell us they were taking $10 off the cost. The breakfast was bare bones. No bread for toast, even. Grabbed a yogurt and checked out where we were told they were taking $20 off instead. I don't recommend this hotel unless you have no other choice. So frustrating especially at that time of night.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank edhodge
Henry P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

My name is Henry Piarrot. I am the new GM of this property. May I begin by apologizing for the poor experience. There is no excuse for it. I take full responsibility for it, as I am the one who scheduled someone to work before he was finished training.

We do have a very nice and newly renovated property here at The Comfort Suites and we are making every effort to insure problems like which you experienced are few and far between.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed in Cookeville for a family reunion. I booked a group of 3 rooms for my group. There were some positive aspects of the stay and some not so good. I am a Choice Privilege member so I stay at Choice Hotels quite often. Deidre, a nice young lady checked us in with great care and efficiency. This hotel is undergoing a much needed renovation so some areas were nice while others were lacking. This hotel was not up to par with most Comfort Suites I have stayed at. The bathrooms were clean, but dirt around baseboards and shower tiles on the ceiling had rusty spots as well as rust stains on the side of one of the toilets.The carpets were new looking, but there was a few cracked tiles in the bathrooms. Each room had 2 queens, a worn sofa, desk and rolling chair, microwave, and refrigerator. Mattresses were very clean and comfortable. Nice, fluffy pillows. However, we did have one refrigerator with a block of ice in it the size of Texas! The first night we went to the pool only to find a large group of obnoxious young boys dominating the small pool. There was a woman, man, and child with them. The boys were so rude they literally swan underneath us. We got out and got in the hot tub and after a few minutes they piled in too. The couple never once said anything to the teens. Finally they left, but the pools was so cloudy, one could hardly see the bottom. They took every last towel the hotel had out! I stopped at the front desk to complain and the short guy with red hair who works the afternoon to early evening shift at the front desk, just ignored me and went on checking others in while we drenched the floor since we only had the towels we brought with us to use. The next evening when one of the rooms had a clogged toilet, (the one with the rusty stain down the side), we called the front desk. The same guy asked if we had a plunger!!!! I guess travelers are now supposed to carry plungers with them because the hotel has insufficient plumbing and no maintenance available????? That is absurd!!!! When we left for dinner, he tried to stay hunched down at the desk and wouldn't look up. I guess he thought we would need something.The rest of the staff, the overnight shift tall guy, and Deidre were as nice as the other guy was not. Now the rest of the story... No toast, bagels,or sausage for breakfast. There was fresh fruit, great orange juice, and coffee however. Other members of the group had waffles, yogurt, gravy, biscuits, and eggs. Although the hotel was adequately clean, had great beds and pillows, I think I will choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quiet at night so it was easy to sleep without disturbance. Beds were soft and v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

My name is Henry Piarrot. I am the new manager of the Comfort Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of attention to your needs. I am personally responsible for the actions, or in this case inaction of my staff.

Know that I completely understand what a great compliment we are paid when a guest chooses our property for their stay and we must all make sure this never happens again.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

When I called to book the room I was quoted $74 per night. When I arrived I saw that I was going to be charged $74 for Sunday night and $84 for Monday night. When I questioned this the clerk, who did not speak English very well, acted offended and proceeded to tell me, as though I were stupid, that Mondays are very busy therefore the rate was higher. Not only that, but the hotel was under renovation, so there was drywall dust everywhere, not to mention the paint fumes and all of the loud banging of construction. When I booked the room they failed to mention that the hotel was under major renovation. I would have gone to another hotel as soon as entered this hotel if not for the fact that we were in town to see a relative that was in the hospital and my sisters were already checked in to their room. I recommend going to another hotel like the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013

From start to finish our experience was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable. The bed had a pillow top mattress and just as comfortable as home. Breakfast had a variety that suited us.

Room Tip: Rooms with king size beds are in a quieter section. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Your review is an exact viewpoint we want to paint to all our guests coming into the Comfort Suites, we are so happy to hear that your stay was exceptional. We will be saving a room for you!!