“My recent stay in Comfort Suites, Cookeville”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 16 December 2013

As a recent guest at Comfort Suites, Cookeville, TN I am very pleased that we had a very satisfactory stay. Rooms were clean, staff was exceptional, courteous and accommodating. I will stay here again and will certainly recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your awesome comments about our staff, we look forward to your next visit; for we know you will enjoy our newly renovated rooms and our Market Place. See you soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our car broke down and could not get fixed till the next day. So with all our luggage we trekked down the road until we came across a Comfort Suites. The front desk clerk was very nice and gave us a great rate. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The only thing I would suggest is a little remodel on the bathrooms but the hospitality trumped any deficiencies I found. The staff was very nice and I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad to know that we at least turned your "bad luck" into a "good stay" with us. We have just renovated our rooms and opened our Market Place, so come and visit us again and have another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I made the booking a day before arriving as we were traveling back from vacation. There were no problems checking in and the lobby looked fresh and clean . After entering our room and settling down to watch a game on TV, we noticed the room looked very dirty, black, around the ceiling. It was obvious the room had not been painted in years. The bed quilt lining had fallen to the bottom of the quilt, this made the quilt heavy and it kept falling off the bed. the bedspread ended up on the floor the entire night.
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was OK.
the morning breakfast was only fair. We stayed at a Comfort Suites in Clinton, N. C. on our way to our vacation. This by far surpassed this Comfort suite and the breakfast in Clinton was superb. Overall, doesn't appear much upkeep has taken place at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary F

Dear valued guest,

I sincerely apologize for our room condition, but we have since renovated our rooms and feel certain that we can provide you the accommodation that you have been accustomed to at a Comfort Suite hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Upon first glance, this Comfort Suites is like all of the others from the outside; nicely adorned, clean, etc. Inside in the lobby all was pretty good and had a nice breakfast area. Upon entering my room the bed was nice, however the room definitely needed "sprucing up" with cracks here and there in the plaster in the shower and that "musty" smell that I can usually detect when a motel is either getting past its prime, or hasn't been well taken care of.

Fortunately the musty smell passed fairly quickly and I got comfortable in my room. I am used to a Comfort Suites being top notch and in competition with Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inns. This one definitely was NOT there. It was "average" however, again, I expect more from the top of the line for Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerry M

I apologize for our unsatisfactory stay, we have since renovated our rooms, lobby and breakfast area. I would like to invite you to stay with us again and enjoy our newly renovated hotel. You might find delight also in our market place. Come and visit us soon, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had booked a stay at this hotel and it was a horrible experience! I went in and the lady at the desk was treating an elderly gentleman very bad and she turned him away as well. This was a holiday and so remind you no banks are open etc. I was next, she pulled up my reservation and said the amount due was 103.00. I pulled out cash as I always do anywhere else and she said oh your paying with cash I need 150.00 more dollars on top of that incase you decide to put holes in the wall. I said I don't have an extra 150, she said thats too bad then. No luck all banks closed no atm was available for cash deposits. I ended up having to call my Uncle a sherriff who was on vacation and ask him to contact this place and give them his stuff so I could stay. It was embarrasing. Then my room was suppose to have a microwave in it. Of course it didn't. I then made sure to let her know immediately so I was not charged for a microwave since I was assumed I would put holes in the wall. After my uncle called she said ok your room is ready now. The elderly man came back in as she was finishing me up and said my card is fine why did you say it declined. She rudely told him she would run it again and show him and when she did his card went through fine. The room we had was not the nicest by far. The couch was unclean and smelled like vomit. I would not allow my daughter to even sit on it, the beds on the other hand were nice. The nicest thing about this hotel was the pool and the young man that worked the swing shift. He was as nice as can be and apologized for the woman that treated us so bad. I then called the hotels 800 number and talked to a man about this after our trip and he was just as bad by saying " Well what do you want me to do about it, your stay is over with now." I said nevermind, I will solve this by not ever staying here again. I the following weekend stayed 3 days somewhere else and it was a wonderful stay. This coming weekend I am back in cookeville for 2 days.... Had this hotel handled the situation different they would be receiving my money this weekend... Instead I am staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very pleased with my 4 night stay for work. It has a AAA Two Diamond hotel rating. But with added amenities, it would easily be a Two and a half Diamond rating (if only AAA gave fractional ratings).

My small suite with a Kingsize bed was just about perfect. Wireless internet was easy to log onto, reliable, and very fast. All staff I came across were friendly, professional, and courteous; but the the guy behind the desk in the afternoons was pitch perfect.

The continental Breakfast opened at 6 am each morning and was reliably good with eggs (sometimes scrabbled and sometimes folded cheese omelets).

Lots of similar competition in the immediate area, but they have earned my repeat business when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cookeville, Tennessee August 31 through September 2, 2013. It was my parents second time to stay here and because of the lovely accommodations we chose to stay here once again. We had two rooms, one with two Queen beds, a sitting area with a couch that makes into a bed, the second room had a king sized bed, a sitting area with a couch that makes into a bed. The rooms are decorated nicely, comfortable beds, very clean, with a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. Nice flat LCD television, with free wifi. The continental breakfast had both hot and cold choices, along with juice and coffee. A beautiful indoor pool and jacuzzi, also a small gym. I noticed that this motel also has a washer and dryer at the end of the first floor.

We were very pleased and recommend this motel highly.

Room Tip: Any room you choose you will be pleased.