“Tired”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“Tired”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Hotel is in major need of upgrades. Seems they have tried to do some and either don't have the money to do them right or are just incompetent in the way they have gone about it. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen. It looks like the counter top was reused from some other location as it clearly does not fit and there are marks on the walls where the old one way. Water stains on ceilings, Torn carpet. Kitchen is lacking in utensil. Only 2 spoon and forks. Our remote broken and each morning I would ask the front desk to have it repaired or replaced. We left it on the counter to be repaired with the back off. Each night it remained in the same location untouched. Finally I had to bring it down stairs to be repaired. Room service does not make the sofa bed even though we had stayed for 3 weeks.
Breakfast is very poor. Eggs seem to be powdered or something.
On the plus side the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
krp2b, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us You are correct we were in the process or renovating and this does become difficult during busy times. I apologize that the bed was not made up for you nor the remote fixed. These are not common occurrences the only reason the bed should not have been made is if their happened to be personal items on it. We are not permit to touch these for security reasons. If that not the case it should have been taken care of. I do hope we will see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
TN
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Clean, comfortable...bed was awesome. Probably the best breakfast bar at any La Quinta we've ever stayed. Wished they would open the jacuzzi year round. Tire travelers love this. We've been to others that have outdoor jacuzzis that are open year round and that's a huge plus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Remodel of an old hotel. It made me think of lipstick on a pig--it's still a pig. The vanity was nice, as was the flooring, but there was no sound proofing between the floors. We asked the front desk twice to get the kids upstairs to stop running and jumping. Next morning, Mom (I guess) stomped all over. We planned a 2 night stay, but moved after one. Will not stay here again; we will sleep in the car first!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank linda d
I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I apologize for the situation you had encountered. While yes we do all that we can to keep noise to a minimum, it does happen from time to time as with any location. We will do our best to work with you if we can not resolve the noise problem we would be more than happy to change your room to avoid this. I hope that you will decide to give us another chance to show you what a wonderful stay is all about.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hotel was clean enough but the tiny continental breakfast bar was really bad. Only a few items to choose from and the meat was definitely left over from previous days. Tasted really old!! Couldn't even eat it; had to throw it away. I'm not really that picky but it was really bad. One of the nights I stayed I had to go without any clean towels. I left my do not disturb sign out till eleven and the maid would not come back. Check out is not till 12:00. I went down to the front desk and the lady there said it was my fault and was very rude. She didn't even want to go get me any clean ones but finally got me two towels and one hand towel. (there was three of us in the room) Any hotel I've ever stayed in before will come back to your room later to clean up and leave fresh towels but here they don't. The bed was killer on the back. It was the worst mattress I've slept on in a long time. I woke up stiff and sore.
Be aware that if you want maid service here then don't expect to sleep in!!!
Choose another hotel in town as there are plenty others. Now I know why they are cheaper than the others. Most LaQuintas I've stayed in are good but this one needs some new beds and staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank D A
krp2b, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
This is not the expierience we want any guest to have at our hotel. It is our goal to see that everyone leaves well rested and satisfied. This guest was contacted directly and the issue had been resolved. Extraordinary service is something we allways strive for. We hope to see you again soon.