“Great hotel in Upper Cumberland Region, TN”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great staff, wonderful breakfast, quiet, yet in the heart of Cookeville, Upper Cumberland, for business or pleasure. Do not hesitate to take a family trip to this fine hotel in the near future. I will use their services again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
krp2b, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

It's always a wonderful experience to see such great reviews on our facility and especially staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a hard visit to rate as some aspects of the stay were quite good, others not so. The entry is inviting with comfortable couches and chairs under the wide overhang. it's a very nice place to sit in the morning to read the paper and people watch, and quite a boon to smokers who often seem to be treated like delinquents. The lobby, however, is like entering the Mad Hatter's Tea Party! Wild disparate colors, odd furniture (high backed hot pink velvet chairs), and dizzying carpet. So is this a disco gone wild or a chain motel? Service was somewhat lackadaisical; I got incorrect directions to a local restaurant from the desk person; our room phone did not work, and it took more than 12 hours for someone to replace the cord; there was no ice in any machine in the building one morning. And the attitude seemed to indicate that none of this was unusual. The room was clean, and the bed very comfortable with top quality linens. The bathroom had a wall partly repaired that got wet every time we bathed. For some reason, our ceiling seemed to creak when guests above us walked around. Pretty annoying! So again, ups and downs. The location was good, and while I don't eat breakfast, the array of choices seemed more than adequate. I would probably look at reviews before staying in the area again as there are many, many choices nearby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. Regardless of how well any one is doing I feel their is always room for improvement. I have had the ice machines you mentioned looked at and they are in working order the only reason I can find for this to have happened was some one filling multiple coolers and that has happened from time to time. Yes the furniture is a chain standard and I would agree they do look like they came from a story book. I have had a recent change over in our maintenance department and a 12 hr delay is unacceptable hence the reason for the change. I'm glad you found the other aspects of our hotel inviting. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this La Quinta while traveling across Tennessee. It was located right off of I-40.
The hotel does show some signs of wear, especially in the bathroom. Our room was clean and the towels were soft and fluffy. The exercise room was a little crowded, but I managed to work out on the treadmill. We were in need of a bottle opener and could not find one at the convenience stores nearby. The gentleman at the front desk (I believe his name was George) saved the day as he had a wine/bottle opener in the drawer. There was an Italian restaurant across the street with great pizza.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review I'm glad you stay was pleasant and I will use the information you have provided to improve our quality and exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Personnel showed the elite member no special treatment. They forgot who pays their salary. Their guests. They gave us the attitude as if we were going to walk away with the room fixtures and towels . Would not stay here again and would not recommend it either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I apologize for the treatment you received. This is not indicative of the staff we employee. I encourage anyone with an issue like this to contact me directly. It is our goal to see that all our guests feel welcome settled in and assured.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We chose La Quinta because we had 2 adults and 2 teens and needed a room with separate areas for the girls and us - so that part worked well with a suite other than the rooms were very small compared to other similar type hotels where we've previously stayed. We could barely walk around the sofa bed when it was in use. The room was clean when we arrived, but appeared to be only quickly wiped down the seond day. Although I'd called the morning before arrival and told the front desk we'd be needing the sofa bed we had call for pillows once we arrived - and were told we'd have to come get them since they couldn't leave the desk. The room appeared to have been recently partially renovated but the bathtub appeared old and in need of regrouting (stained around grout). The room temperatures varied alot with the bedroom where the AC was located being cool/comfortable and the front room being slightly warm. There was no fan in the bathroom so with 4 people taking showers the whole suite quickly became warm and humid during shower time. Maybe this should have been a tipoff to us that the AC wasn't working well, but I don't expect to have to make the bedroom cold in order to get the humidity out of the bathroom and make the front room comfortable. But, unfortunately even with that and the loud noise the AC was making in the bedroom we still didn't expect it to completely quit working the third night. The next morning when we reported it they were apologetic and said they would have moved us to another room so I can't complain about their response other than I do wonder how long the AC had been only partially cooling the room (and making loud noises) - surely the hotel staff would have noticed and should have had it fixed before renting the room. About breakfast: the food was about the worst we've had at similar "free breakfast" hotels. The coffee (tinted water?) was so bad we couldn't even drink it, the juice tasted more like Kool-Aid than juice, the french toast was inedible, but the sausage was at least edible and my husband said the waffle was OK (the only thing that was obviously cooked on site since he cooked it). I guess we should have stuck with the boxed cereals. We didn't bother attempting their breakfast the second and third mornings - at least it gave us a chance to try Ralph's Donuts. But it was definitely inconvenient (and expensive) to have to go out and buy drinkable coffee each morning. I'd prefer breakfast not even be offered than to be such a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beachgirlinmemphis
krp2b, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

I sincerely apologize for the problems you had encountered during your stay. Our ventilation is a central system so no room has its own ventilator regardless it should not have become humid. I would also like to mention we have switched our breakfast suppliers to a new company at this point. We have found the quality to be a major improvement. I hope we will see you again in the future and thank you for taking the time to visit us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We love the Cookeville, LaQuinta! As always, check in was quick and easy, the rooms were clean and comfy, and breakfast was hot and delicious. The consistency of LaQuinta is what keeps us coming back whenever we are in town to visit our Cookeville family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
krp2b, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderfull reveiw. we do our best to make everyday a fantastic one this lets us know we are doing it right. We look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The gentlemen behind the desk was not very welcoming, but was understanding with my super whiny dog. They did not require proof of vaccinations for my dog, which I thought was a bit odd. The bed was very comfortable, but the room could have used a fresh coat of paint. The walls were dinged up pretty bad by the door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Its is true that we do no require proof of vaccinations this is not a common hotel practice as most owners will provide flea treatments and such at home. laQuinta as a pet friendly brand is accepting of this and tries to make the experience as comfortable as possible. I do apologizing that our clerk was not as welcoming as he could have been and this is something we will work on. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you again.