“Oh so fresh & yummy!”

Ranked #2 of 175 Restaurants in Cookeville
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a late lunch this day in the outside courtyard. Other that the garden needing weeding, it was a very pleasant atmosphere even on a summer day. There was a bit of a problem w/ the interpretation of the menu. I wanted a half salad & soup & asked waitress 1 if I could choose ANY sald as the 1/2 & ANY soup. She told me I definitely could. Waitress 2 said "no way", you have to only get a house sald. Well, having alredy set my heart on Black & Bleu steak salad I went ahead & ordered it & the shrimp bisque. My friend had the chicken sandwich & side that she said was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed the food; i mean REALLY liked it, but as ALL TOO USUAL all the girl's fell over themselves to wait on & check tables with men at them, where we had to slurp the bottom of the glass before getting a re-fill. Get a grip, servers, WOMEN almost always TIP better!

2  Thank Smokymomma
There are newer reviews for Crawdaddy's West Side Grill

Reviewed 1 August 2014

With a name like Crawdaddy's, one would expect yummy Cajun food, but this is not the case. Someone needs to give them some recipes if the are going to serve Cajun food! Their Crawfish Étouffée was the worst I've ever tasted anywhere! I have been told by a few friends that they like their food, just not the Cajun dishes. I may give them another try and not order Cajun .

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently, on our way to Virginia we stopped by at Crawdaddy's and we said all the way to Virginia and back; the food at Crawdaddy's was very good; their Salmon, Hot Garlic Shrimp and their chicken plates were so deliciously prepared. What we were most impressed was their affordable prices! This is a must stop in Cookeville.

1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really wanted to like this place - great reviews, great atmosphere, nice patio, BUT unfortunately the food is just average and the service was just weird. First, the dishes we enjoyed: the shrimp bisque was very good, the gumbo was thin but flavorful (but no bread was served with the soups - very unusual, particularly for a New Orleans style place). The tuna was cooked just right - not overcooked as it often is. I had a very odd version of shrimp and grits - not sure what they were going for - I've had both New Orleans and Low Country versions of shrimp & grits many times and this was neither. My husband thought it tasted overwhelmingly like worchestershire sauce, I thought it was just kind of sour. His filet was fine but nothing special. The bread pudding was kind of soupy - mainly sauce. Now for the weird service - our entrees arrived just a couple minutes after our soups - the waitress apologized profusely and said the kitchen had been backed up so she held off on bringing our soups so there wouldn't be a big gap between appetizers and entree but the kitchen had gotten our entrees done much quicker than she expected (WHAT??? We'd have to wait anyway - why make us sit with nothing at all to eat??). They then laid a dessert menu on our table as they were bringing the entrees - odd, but didn't think much about it until they brought us the check without even asking if we wanted dessert - just laid the check down and walked away. When we called the waitress back over and said we actually did want dessert she again apologized and said the management didn't want them to ask patrons if they wanted dessert because it would seem too pushy (WHAT??). It actually appeared they just wanted to push us out the door because they had people waiting for tables. So, if that is the actual management policy it has just the opposite affect from what is intended.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This restaurant is one of the few in Cookeville with good outdoor seating. If the weather permits and space is available, grab a table on the patio or the balcony. Be aware that there is music playing and it will be louder on the balcony, so if you are looking for quiet conversation then the patio is for you. There is plenty of shade available.

The indoor areas are really nice too, and there is copious seating up and downstairs. It never hurts to call ahead though. It can get busy (and loud) here, especially in the bar area.

As far as the food goes, I've only had one negative experience here with a single nasty tasting fried oyster. Everything else has always been delicious - and I've tried most of it. The servers are always very friendly and accommodating and will work hard to make you feel comfortable.

If you are bringing younger children, they will certainly find something on the menu to their liking. I would suggest that you come earlier though, since the place tends to fill up quickly after 6pm.