“Hits the spot”

Ranked #78 of 170 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Indian
“Hits the spot”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

None of the dishes have been stellar examples of their kind when compared to those I've had elsewhere. But, as I don't know of any other Indian restaurants in the area, India Palace hits the spot when I get a hankering.

The owner will question you if you ask for "hot" or "spicy". I told him "very hot". He asked if I was sure? I said I was. I was not prepared for how hot it was. Appreciated the warning I got. Didn't listen to it, unfortunately. He is a very nice man and provides good service.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank AppleH325

Seymour, Tennessee, United States
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The owners are some of the most awesome people you will ever meet. The food is great whether you like it regular or really really spicy. Tons of dishes to choose from and a few types of beer.

Visited June 2012
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Try a walk on the Indian side”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We have only tried this restaurant twice but both times we had an excellent meal. As mentioned the owners are very gracious hosts and everything is prepared from scratch so expect a little wait. The wait is worth it!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BlessedBeyondWords
North, South Carolina
“Great tasting food”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Food is excellent but the owners child or grandchild running around and hanging over the seats is quite annoying when you are trying to enjoy your food. Otherwise the food is great but that one aspect made us stay away.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank divaka27
Silver Point, Tennessee
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The owner is very accomodating for your taste in Indian Food. We like HOT so he will add spices and ingredients to make the food as we like it. The buffet at lunch is very good; but we prefer ordering off the menu

Visited April 2012

Been to India Palace? Share your experiences!