“A Diamond”

Mauricio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Cookeville
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The restaurant, formerly a residence, was built in 1910. It features hardwood floors, 14' ft ceilings, and 5 fine dining rooms, three with fireplaces. If you like good Italian food, old music from the 40's and 50's, and great atmosphere, come see us. Dress is casual and reservations are recommended on the weekends.
“A Diamond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Though Mauricio"s can be slightly pricey for Cookeville, the experience, ambiance, wait staff and food make it well worth it. Furthest thing from a chain you are going to get. If you have a chance and the weather permits dine outside.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Peter413

Arrington, Tennessee
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We just ate lunch here and very much enjoyed our experience. We have eaten all over the world including Italy and were very pleased with our meal. It is the first restaurant that I have found that makes tiramisu as good as mine. Will definitely eat here again. Can't wait to bring my mom for Mother's Day !

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank dolceflute
“O.K. change of pace”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice ambiance, off the beaten path. Good food, just slightly bland for me. A little $$. Good for special events with out of towners.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Johnny C
Nolensville, Tennessee
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We dined at Mauricio's while staying in Cookeville recently and found it to be very nice. My friend had the salmon over risotto and I had the eggplant parmesan. I frequently order eggplant as it is a favorite. Without a doubt, their eggplant parmesan is the best I have ever been served.

The room we were seated in was lovely with three small tables and a gas fireplace. The atmosphere and ambiance were perfect for a romantic diner for two. Even the music was perfect for the setting. The house has been wonderfully restored and suits the role of intimate dining well. Could not have been better. While I was disappointed by the lack of espresso, their coffee was excellent.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank don s
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The first time we went to Mauricio's we were blown away. Great service, good food, amazing atmosphere. Then one time i found a plastic tip floating in my soup. They comped the soup but that put a real damper on my meal. We've been slightly disappointed with Mauricio's ever since. Nothing terrible but nothing great.

Last night we dined there for our anniversary. The waiter (Adam) was ok but not great. I said i was in the mood for risotto (which is on the menu as a side dish). He did not ask the chef if a larger portion could be served, i ended up with the side dish portion which was tiny. I also had a caesar salad. He brought my husband's dinner salad first, and i sat there with nothing while hubby ate his salad. Why not bring my salad?

Overall the meal was NOT a $100 meal although that's what it cost with a bottle of merlot (which was certainly not a $30 bottle of wine). The ambiance for us was ruined by a loud table very close to ours, my husband's veal picata was too brown when he wanted a light lemony butter sauce. Just rather a disappointment for the money. But not bad.

The owner hasn't visited our table since the first time. And the chairs! OMG... a fine restaurant that seats you on hard wooden kitchen chairs? So... if you love Mauricio's... enjoy. If you're looking for a really great meal... good luck.

• Visited March 2014