“"Great Place"”

Ranked #13 of 169 Restaurants in Cookeville
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: CH Steak Lounge is a newly rebranded, locally owned and operated Steakhouse on the square in downtown Cookeville, TN. Boasting the best steaks in the region as well as the best all around dining experience in town, CHAR has quickly become THE local hot spot for great food, cold drinks, and the best live music in town.
Troy, North Carolina
“"Great Place"”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We was traveling through Cookeville and stop there for dinner........Owner was a very nice guy........We had steak and wine, it was Great!.........Nice meeting you Chad.....keep up the good work.....fans from Charlotte, NC

• Visited August 2011

Tennessee
“Hope It Has Improved”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I went here due to some reviews. We were very very disappointed. We wanted one of the items on the menu, to overhear the bartender tell the server that it wasn't available for the third night. A trip to the local store for asparagus would've solved that. When I complained to the owner, not there that night, he said it was to expensive through his source. Local store had it on sale for $1.99/lb that weekend. Third week without it ?!?!? Take it off the menu. Called on Friday to check if happy hour was also on Saturday. Was told yes, but not honored. Steak was no better than at local franchises. Actually, i was more expensive and not as good. Server took out salad plates and put them behind my wife's head on a ledge. I had to ask someone to take them when they brought dinner.We usually give a restaurant a second chance. Owner sent us $25 gift certificate, which was 1/3 of our dinner tab without tip. Wife won't even consider going back, it was that bad. I will say that the microbrew beer was nice.

Better places for atmosphere in Cookeville.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank NoDozing
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great all the way around”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

If you want a place that has great atmosphere and great food this is the place to go, My husband and I went without our children to have a night out and we were very satisfied. He enjoyed the steak and I had the special, lobster tails. Which by the way were cooked perfectly. Hats off to Char. It's a great place. We have been many times with or without the children, and in a group with other couples. P.S. My boys say they have the best hamburgers ever. I say the pasta dishes and specials are the way to go.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank jab123_123

Been to CHAR Steakhouse? Share your experiences!