“First stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Selected from internet list of Cookeville hotels, based on location and price listed. We were pleased with our overall experience, in spite of a few things that we wish were different. The best part of the stay was being assigned a first floor room. Our next trip to Cookeville will probably include a stay here if there's a vacancy. The staff is friendly and cooperative. Good people run this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Overall I would rate this hotel a 10. The rooms wer very nice, the price was resonable, It was extremely clean and conviently located to the interstate. above all the staff made you feel extremely welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Mystery and I stayed at Country Inns for 2 days August 1 and 2nd. The staff is awesome. I didn’t bring my phone charger and Justin at front desk searched everywhere and finally put one together.
Breakfast was really good. Cereal, omelets, second day was scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruits, rolls, juice , coffee and tea. The rooms have ironing board and iron, coffee maker, frig and microwave. There also a safe in your room and Jacuzzi tub.
It is so quiet and pet friendly. Nice to see dogs as so few places are pet friendly.
The hotel is in walking distance to theatre and restaurants. More restaurants on restaurant row, Tennessee Tech and shopping in short drive by car.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Everything else was great. And there are cookies. Also, apples and oranges, but I skipped those and ate more cookies.
I don't know if I got the new updated pillows or the old pillows. I hate most new pillows and usually have to bring one from home, but these were great.
Someone remembered to put out Tabasco sauce at breakfast. Thanks.
I'm thinking this is a chain that used to have a restaurant in the parking lot, or maybe that's another place with a similar name. Anyway, this one doesn't have that restaurant, but there's great pizza across the street. And there's a movie theater next door. Not that I went to the theater, but probably someone else would like to know.
Anyway, this would nearly be my favorite place we stopped if the hot tub had been working.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We were traveling and found a coupon at a rest stop. Read other reviews on trip advisor and it sounded good. Some reviews mentioned renovations but if they were working we never saw or heard it. We had a great stay. The rooms were clean and big. Even had a recliner in the room. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. Hot food and well stocked. We travel this way frequently and will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I needed to get across the time zone line on my way home, so after a 14-hour drive, I asked my wife to make a reservation at this hotel. I was VERY impressed. I arrived late in the evening, and Matt, the front desk clerk, was fantastic. He could see I was exhausted and so he just gave me the minimum hassle and sent me off to my VERY comfortable room. We normally stay at Country Inn and Suites (we are Silver Elite members), and this one was one of the best. I got up early the next morning, had a great breakfast, and went back to nap before hitting the road again. The staff was great, and the room was clean and well maintained. We will stay here again! I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling the I-40 corridor through Tennessee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Cookeville, TN Country Inn & Suites is updating its rooms. Front desk staff was excellent. All the paperwork for my stay was completed by the staff prior to my arrive and I just had to sign it. My room was very comfortable. Bed comfortable with a comforter on it. Only problem was getting out of the parking lot due to heavy traffic.