“Good for the money!”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Gatlinburg TN
“Good for the money!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

If your not real picky and want the best price in town...then this is the place. Good Location, not on the interstate...which was fine for us since we were not traveling through. We asked for a non smoking, king bed room on the first floor so we could park in front of our room. The only one they had was a pet friendly room. We detected no odors of any kind. They are in the process of putting in flat screen Tv's, our room did not have one, but we did not care. There was a fridge and micro. We did not shower, so can't comment on that. There was a burn in our bedspread. The front desk clerk was very friendly! She was not the owner. We did not eat breakfast since we slept in, but my boyfriend said the coffee was good and fresh. We will stay there again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: We wanted to be on the first floor....but we did hear some noise from above.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travels4Life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Staff is very nice. Non smoking rooms are covered with spray to disguise the smell....but it doesn't. Stinky room and cigarette butts all over the grounds. Rooms are old. This is like Motel 6 with a different name. Continental Bkfst ok but only room for 4 people to eat at 2 small tables. Sign asks you to not take food to your room. Eat standing up?!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Our vehicle broke down on the way to Pigeon Forge and found this room on priceline/booking.com. While it was not discounted off the rack rate it was $41ish.

Room was not special, but clean. Shower was hot and had plenty pressure. Free breakfast was chocolate donuts, cereal, small muffins, juice and coffee. No one stood over us to see how much we ate, area was clean, food was fresh.

Not a bad deal. Ended up being nicest room on trip, even over our "suite" in pigeon forge.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for a lower level room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bcnbit
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We booked this room because of the rates and the exterior is nice. But you get what you pay for! The air quality was terrible. The room smelled of mold or dampness -probably from the carpet. The air conditioner was loud and banging all night long. The towels are thin and scratchy. The bedspread had 3 cigarette burn holes. The toilets are the short small ones and very uncomfortable as well as very tight proximity to the entry door. This was a pet-friendly room, and it was pretty awful. Even our maltese had breathing issues after this stay. The one plus was the water was warm and had good pressure. My husband and I left real early, because we both had trouble sleeping with the odor and noise.

Room Tip: The pet rooms are not clean or pet-friendly, but close to grassy area for walking.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorrie B
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Booked a room at this hotel on business. Got in bed and wrapped up in the blanket on the bed and felt bites on my arm, neck, and ears. Shortly after that my arms, neck, and ear area begin to itch really bad and started to turn red. Took blanket off and looked at the blanket and mattress and found beg bugs. Went to front desk to report and the representative inspected the room and found the bugs and offered me another room. I declined and asked for my money back so that I could leave and was told to contact the manager the next day. Called the manager, Mike and expressed my concerns and found that he was unconcerned, rude, and defensive. Asked for a refund and was told that I could receive half my money back when I did not even stay over night because of the bites on my different parts of my body. Explained that I would contact the Department of Health and he hung up. Filed a complaint with the corporate office and was told that I would have a full refund credited back to my account but I had to handle the medical bills on my own for the bed bug bites. These people are very unprofessional and have no regard to their customer's health while staying at their establishment. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT WHILE IN COOKEVILLE, TN if you are concerned with your health or your children's health!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chante B
Springfield, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I booked the room because of trip advisor reviews.Everything was great. Clean,quiet,very reasonably priced.If you are staying in Cookeville,stay here.

Room Tip: I really think you will be satisfied with any room you gat in this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are ok but the carpet needs to be cleaned. After I had walked barefooted in the room for only a short time as soon as I steped into the shower I had black foot prints in the tub.I even took a wet bath cloth to the carpet and yes it turned the bath cloth black. Pets are allowed at a reasonable fee. Our door would not lock from the outside so we could only lock it from inside the room. They do have a camara to watch the motel and parking lot. Over all it was ok for the price of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business