“Always a good experience”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 178 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I go here often and we both have ate at all 3 locations and they all are equally good. The staff is always fast and friendly, at the Sparta location there is a server that actually runs the whole time. The food is always good and reasonable. One time my wife found a small hair and they replaced her meal and the only thing we paid for was my meal. The only down fall is the smell on your clothes once you leave. It may smell good when you get there but once you leave it's not too pleasing.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The best you can say is that it's not very expensive. You get a lot of food, and the staff work incredibly hard to make sure you're having a pleasant dining experience. The problem is the food is average at best. In fairness, the smells emanating from this eatery are exceptionally enticing, and they have a strong local support base.

It's had to believe Mexican fare can be bland, but we found that to be the case - at least to us.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Most menu items are very good, especially chicken or beef fajitas. I have eaten here many times and the service is always EXCELLENT. ??The enchiladas and some of the burritos.... I have had better. The grilled jalapeno peppers are really good (watch the seeds...HOT). Their tea is always good and the fountain drinks -strong and great. For the money, you just can't beat the place.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great food, I had the shrimp Chimichunga and cheese dip. Salsa was good also. The service was good, restaurant was clean and very comfortable.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My sister raves about this place, so when the family came to visit we had to eat here. It is a very good Mexican restaurant. the service was very quick and friendly. If you want great food in a hurry this is where you should head.