“Nice hotel for cheap”

Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed on the lower level with a king sized bed. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfy. Overall service was good. I would stay there again if my travels brought me back to this city.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank gracemarie83

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I made a reservation for this hotel online. Upon arrival I learned that this hotel does not accept pets. There was nothing on their website to indicate they did not accept pets (they have since added this to their website). My confirmation from hotels.com did not indicate that this hotel did not allow pets. The front desk clerk was argumentative with me from the very beginning. She did not apologize once - she was very rude! I was sitting in my car outside their office trying to find another hotel within my budget that would allow pets when the front desk clerk came outside and TOLD ME I HAD TO LEAVE! I have never been treated so badly in all my life. I will never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scostes
Greg G, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

We here at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, TN do sincerely apologize for the errors found on the website you indicated in your review about our no pet policy. The website in question and other affiliations,whom we have no direct control over, did not list our no pet policy as per our request. We have taken steps to ensure that this omission is resolved. Our main webpage listed through our parent company has always listed our no pet policy.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

The reception Staff were very helpful and friendly, the house keeping staff were very polite and very did there job to a very high standard. The room was both spacious and bright and clean, bathroom was well lit and clean.
Breakfast I never had an issue with, the dinning room was clean and well stocked, the surrounding grounds were clean and well lit at nigh, parking was never an issue Hi speed internet was a big plus,and though I went out of season and the pool not available I would most happy to return....
There are plenty of places to eat and with in walking distance, the local Taxi firm were very helpful... I would recommend this Inn to anyone..

Room Tip: I have no advice to give..I was happy with my room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2009

When I took exit 287 and looked the Best Value Inn sign caught my eye. Being a thrifty and conservative person wanting to save money I had my doubts, but were all gone when I pulled up to the Front Desk, the motel was very clean inside and out, the staff was courteous. I would definitely stay here again. P.S. they have a real POOL with 9ft deep end a rarity these days. While writing this review I saw a review before me about spray paint and bathrooms dirty, all I can say from my personal visit to the Best Value Inn is that the lady must have this motel confused . Great price, great rooms, and great service.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank snehsneh
Reviewed 10 August 2006

We use to stay at this hotel often when we would travel to Tennessee to see my grandparents. My parents had gotten one of those travel coupon books from a rest stop and this hotel was the best deal. It was a weekend so the hotel was pretty busy. We got an upper floor room. We got into the hotel room and it was musty, hadn't been used in a while smell. My mom went into the bathroom and was grossed out by the shower. So much that she went to the walmart down the street and bought cleaning supplies to clean the shower herself...she didn't mind since the price of the room was so low. We left all of our stuff in the room and went to walmart...came back...she cleaned the shower while the rest of us were deciding what we wanted for dinner that night. I pulled the drawer open to the night stand that was between the beds and there I saw two bugs staring back at me. I hate bugs and asked my mom what kind they were and her face just told me it wasn't good. We got our stuff together and left the room. This is where it got worse. My parents went in to get their money back because we weren't going to stay there and then the management first accused us of bringing the bugs in with us and then they accused us of finding a cheaper hotel down the road. My father got mad because they were accusing him of things and they then threatened to call the police on him. They finally got their money back and we went down the road to the Alpine Lodge...for 10 dollars more it was extremely worth the money. We will never stay in a Best Value Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank onlyonethetor
Greg G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

We here at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, TN do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered when staying at our motel. We would have gladly have upgraded you and your family to a better room at no additional cost. We also apologize for your encounter with the staff during 2005. That individual is no longer with the company and we have taken steps to ensure that our current staff are always courteous and respectful.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Smith, AR
Reviewed 24 August 2005

On our way home to Ft. SMith, AR from vacationing in VA, DC, NJ, NY we needed to get some rest. We decided on the the Best Value Inn only after driving through...it appeared to be nice and thrifty. We always have to experience how looks can be deceiving, don't we?! I am always concerned about safety first because it is just me and my 10 year old son traveling, I asked if it was safe and if there was security. The night desk lady said she is going to put us in a room right next to the desk, so she can keep an eye on us. This "safe" room had bad words spray-painted on the walls and spray paint on the furniture and TV. The wall paper was hanging down over the headboard. The bathroom was dirty, never been clean dirty! My son was a little nervous at this point, he was even to afraid for me to ask to be moved. But I had to! The front desk lady said she just did not know how housekeeping missed that, apologized and moved us. Yep, to another dirty, nasty room! The carpet was so dirty with huge black spots or stains. We did not dare to remove are shoes. The bathroom was just as dirty as before. Just to be certain the tub was dirty and not stained, I wiped it with an anti-bacterial wipe! YUCK! Black grime came off! I do not even know how a shower curtain can get as dirty as that one. Black grime every where! By the sink, on the soap holder was dirt, grime, and hairs! It was already 2am, we where tired and stayed until 8am. After writing a letter of complaint and leaving that for housekeeping instead of a tip, I went to check-out. This hotel appearantly is ran by a family, housekeeping and the daytime desk lady where similiar. I told her how nasty the rooms where, she wouldn't even look at me, nor did she apologize! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
manaharpatel, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2009

The rooms have been significantly rennovated and remodeled since 2006.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 April 2005

I usually associate "Best Value" with "Worst Rooms" but this hotel was pretty clean for the price. I took a baseball team there on a recent travel trip and was suprised that it wasn't a total dump. The pool was not open yet (my players were ready to swim) and looked liked something from a witches stew. We didn't have any problems though I would stay there again next year. There were by far the lowest priced hotel in Cookeville. I wouldn't recommend it for a family that is going to hang out at the hotel but for someone who just needs a place to sleep on a budget it will work.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business