“For the price, can't complain”

Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Mountain Rest, SC
“For the price, can't complain”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

When you pay around $40 for a room and you get a clean room with a decent mattress, everything is ok. The room was large. There were a few minor imperfections in the room, but all in all, a great value. Breakfast was not great, but at that price, no big deal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
manaharpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear riverhiker,

On behalf of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to thank you for posting a traveler opinion with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our large rooms and continental breakfast. We would like the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cookeville, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel again going cross country. Just what I was looking for. Safe parking lot, comfortable beds, good service, and right price. A solid sleep to really set you up for the next day. Best value by far!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear cadirect,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I can't really complain about this hotel specifically or the people that run it, my real issue is with America's Best Value Inn as a company. I booked a night here being tired on my way to Nashville, cozy room, good value for the price. My trip which was supposed to be a week long road trip was ruined by some hippies from California who woke me up at 2am blowing horns and blabbering loud, do people think? How about some courtesy? Or were they coming off their highs? And they wonder why they're the fringe minority and can't get people to come across to their political side of the fence. I woke up next morning ready to leave and when I opened my door I panicked as I didn't see my rental car, apparently the rude obnoxious hippies parked their hippie van in such a way that it blocked view of my rental car. In my panicking I forgot there was a step going into the hotel room and I managed to trip, not only doing a split with my legs something I've never been able to accomplish in my entire life but my face also went face first into the concrete. Bruised, cut up, and my ankle swelled up to softball size I had to take out my shoelaces and walk around with an open shoe, went to Walgreens and bought some pain products as well as a walking cane...I made it to Nashville and literally crawled up the steps to the Parthenon only to find it was closed on Mondays (thanks Obama)...I had planned on going up into New England but ended up turning back to Florida, my foot was too messed up. I didn't want compensation or had any intention of suing...there are some honest, moral people left, I just thought they should have a "watch your step" sign to avoid accidents. I don't see why if they have signs on doors with fire escape routes and warnings for extra charges, why they can't have a sign warning about a step you could forget about whether you're panicking over trashy hippies, or if you did manage a good night's sleep and forgot about it...I cannot believe I am the only one that tripped over the step. The company did offer me another free night at the Clarksville, TN location...but c'mon...Clarksville? Thanks a lot! I always wanted to visit the Waffle House and maybe swing by the Walmart there...

Room Tip: Watch your step!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Carl M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I hope that things are going better for you. It is our goal to provide a safe and secure environment for each our guests. I appreciate the fact that you are honest in your feedback. If there is anything we can do, give me a call.

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Everything you could ask for. Clean rooms. Good service. Good/ quiet location and a great price.. i was traveling across country, and this was my favorite stay. A diamond in the rough... quiet, peaceful, rough.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cadirect
Dear cadirect,

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. I am glad once again that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests. And our location is perfect for those who are looking for a good nights rest. Come back and see us again!

Easton, IL
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We came in with a coupon for a room with a king bed. The honored it with no problem. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was nice & clean. Cozy & comfortable. There is a restaurant next door that is friendly as well.

Room Tip: Definitely pick up a Tennessee Travel Coupons guide at a gas station. The coupon really reduces the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Muffinsmom3
Dear muffinsmom3,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our large, clean guest rooms and convenient location to several restaurants. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our locations.

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Would love to say "You get what you pay for" but I paid $100 a night with tax for this dump. The room smelled, the shower curtain had holes and a large tear, bedding had cigarette burns even though it was smoke free, mattress was beyond hard, furniture was stained and worn, green carpet had white stains that were chunky, and I was too afraid to try the continental breakfast. I would've left but this was the only place left in town as there was a special event in the area. Came home and was sick - can't blame the hotel, but I'm not ruling it out either.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
manaharpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear mtlh2,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that our mattresses are made by Serta and are less than 4 years old. I am not sure why the one you had trouble with was hard. All complaints will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cookeville, TN

Travellers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The room was spacious but I found a toothpick on the bed upon arrival. The lady at the front desk did not recognize the ABVI value member card. I would rather walk to the local Dunkin Donuts than eat their breakfast. It did not look clean or organized. The room did not come with a hair dryer. Yeah the website didn't mention one but what hotel doesn't have a hair dryer???

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Sherrybaby715,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us. We hope that you stay with us again in the future. Americas Best Value Inn's Value Club Program is a FREE, INSTANT REWARDS program that entitles our guests to receive a 15% discount off standard hotel room rates at any of our participating hotels. Our loyalty program is not set up as a "points system" like most hospitality groups, which require you to accumulate a number of points before you receive any type of incentive or reward. We are uniquely set up to give our guests an immediate reward to show how much we appreciate your patronage.

Americas Best Value Inn Cookeville, TN