“It may be the cheapest but not the best”

Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Smyrna, Tennessee
“It may be the cheapest but not the best”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room furniture is filthy, had to buy flipflops to walk on the carpet. You can see through the sheets and yes I double checked for bugs. Terrible experience. Had to pay for the room before I got to see it unlike other hotels you pay for upon checkout.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
manaharpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this review, 18 November 2014
Dear Mary Q,

Please allow me to apologize for the housekeeping issues you had mentioned earlier in your review. We do our best to provide clean and affordable accommodations. I am sorry that our product did not meet your expectations. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cookeville, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is the worst place we have ever stayed! Stay away! We made online reservations here due to the fact that all hotels in the area were booked. We got to this crap hole and the clerk jacked up the price by $25 for non smoking. Dead bugs, musty basement smell, ants on the bed, very dated room. Lady at the front desk was rude and when confronted by the Bookings.com rep feigned a communication gap being an Indian. She actually became hateful, but she kept the $25. To us it wasn't worth the fight. Don't sweat the small things and don't ever stay here if you can help it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jimmy S
Dear Jimmy S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry for any customer service issues you encountered. There is never an excuse for not providing an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to discuss the matter with our staff so that we can improve on our service.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cookeville, TN

Travellers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Corbin, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room we stayed in was very clean . Well stocked . For the price it was the overall best value .We actually had enough pillows and they were comfortable. Choose this hotel for a good rest and plenty of food places surrounding it .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rose H,

Thank you for your honest opinion. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable rooms. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Alger, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff was unfriendly, the maid was rude, intrusive & nosy. If I had the curtain open she would stand outside the window and stare in at me. The carpet was very old, the mini-fridge was stuck on high and froze all the food and beverages, tv remote did not work (batteries were good), coffee maker in room did not work properly

Room Tip: stay away from this one!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear jamandacam,

I appreciate the feedback regarding your visit in March. I am sorry about the negative experience. Your feedback helps to improve our facilities and lets us know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I will be sure to share this with our staff so we can improve our product and service.

Oak Forest, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were visiting family in Tennessee and looking for a place just to crash for a couple nights. I booked through Hotels.com, and paid $70 for each night. I wasn't expecting the Waldorf, but I sure could have done without the mold. Everywhere. The inside of the fridge was covered in black mold. And the smell! My son nearly had an asthma attack. So, I asked for a refund, and after explaining the circumstances, was told they don't offer refunds. Nice. We left, found another place that didn't have a frog pond for a swimming pool, and will never EVER consider this run-down health hazard for another stay.

Room Tip: get one somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mike K,

I appreciate sharing your concerns with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your visit. I will be sure to train housekeeping on how to address these issues in the future.

Clinton Township, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped after finding a coupon in the saver books you get from a welcome center. We were told that since there was a special event at the local college they would not honor the coupon! So they get a 2 because they are rude and greedy!! Southern hospitality is not shining through! We left!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kim H,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your visit. First, let me explain. We mention on the coupon that the rates are not valid during special events. We do honor the advertised rate most of the year. However, we reserve the right to charge a higher price in accordance with the area hotels during events such as graduation etc. based upon demand. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Edwardsport, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I checked in and was given our first room, we went to take a look, well first impressions were not good and it got worse. The room was run down, the bathroom sink was half hanging off of the wall and the room was not very clean. Then we found blood on the wall and light switch for the sink. Needless to say that was it for that room, should have taken pictures but we had just drove 5hrs after working all day, and wasn't thinking very well. Second room was in better shape overall, still a little concerned about the cleaning but we carry Lysol with us. If you are on a tight budget and are prepared for what you could get then by all means stay here. We have definitely stayed in worse hotels over the years. But we would NOT stay here again!!
First room was 112 then we got 109

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jerry R,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced with us. We do our best to provide clean and affordable accommodations. I will be sure to review our cleaning procedures with housekeeping.