“Great Food!”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #45 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our meals here were excellent. I am not a fan of chain restaurants AT ALL, but RT is my most reliable exception. I was sad that they no longer offered the zucchini sliders but I got 2 big and tasty fish tacos and the great salad bar for $10 so I was placated! My husbands burger n fries were equally yummy! RT has great french fries. My pomegranite margarita was also delish. Overall great dining experience. If you're in cookeville and want something convenient to I-40, RT is my recommendation. Oddly, it wasn't nearly as crowded as some of the other chains nearby.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I wouldn't ordinarily write a review of a chain restaurant over one less than average dinner, but it was a slow Wednesday night, they weren't at all busy, (I could only see three or four other tables occupied), the staff seemed plentiful and it wasn't near closing time. As such I could see no reason for less than attentive service and good food quality.

Good initial service and okay salad bar, but my grilled shrimp skewer was incredibly slow coming out and tiny and rubbery when it arrived. Slow service overall and I finally had to ask for the bill which took about ten or more minutes to arrive even after asking.

After having eaten at numerous Cookeville, TN restaurants, I would say you'll find much better value and better service at other restaurants along this area's 'restaurant row.'

Reviewed 8 August 2013

There is a reason why managers don't want employees to have phones while at work, it distracts from getting work done and when that work is serving customers it angers the customer. I sat at the bar, ordered a tasteless chicken Bella (it had mushrooms but wasn't that great), and waited, waited, waited. There were probably six tables occupied and me at the bar. The place was nearly empty so why did it take nearly 30 minutes for my small portion of tasteless chicken to appear? Anyway, during this wait the waitress/bartender stood there staring at her iPhone, texting or emailing or whatever. I noticed the floor needed sweeping, the bar needed cleaning and there was plenty to do. She just didn't do it. She did manage to take time to chat with the other workers and somewhere under a heat lamp my chicken was waiting.

This is a poorly managed restaurant with a poor staff and lousy food. I will never return.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I visited Cookeville, Tennessee for a horseback riding lesson with a local trainer. While there we ate one night at the local Ruby Tuesday. The service was good and the food was very good. We had a crab cake appetizer that was surprisingly good. We both had a chicken dish with onion rings as a side. My chicken had a delicious barbecue sauce and the onion rings were very crispy which we like. Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is very well done with a good selection and the items were all fresh. Good place for a dinner or lunch.