“Well Worth the trip”

The Cooke House
Ranked #27 of 169 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Katy
“Well Worth the trip”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel agent. It's located on the square and not much to look at on the inside, but the food was exceptional. The raspberry Brie was extraordinary. It was delivered warm and the sauce really brought out the flavors. My steak was one of the juiciest and render ones I have eaten in a long time. My wife had the chicken and she loved the taste. The potatoes were a little spicy but extremely tasty. The only drawback was finding a place to park. Not cheap but well worth the price.

Visited August 2014

Tennessee
“Unassuming Gem of a Restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you're looking for a great meal, soemthing "a little different", with top-notch drinks, and some decent wine to accompany your dinner, this is it. The storefront and interior are "unassuming" not at all fancy... but the food is great. They have a wonderful selection of "small plates" which can be shared or serve as appetizers... the duck tacos are something you won't find anywhere else, and are a GREAT creation.... the ceviche is some of the best we've had anywhere (so good we ordered a second serving)... The dinners are equally good. We had the evening fish special of Red Snapper, which was done to melt in your mouth tasty perfection. The chili coconut rice served with it was a wonderfully spicy counterpoint to the fish and a tasty slaw. And do try to save room for dessert.....

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Star*wolf
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Duck tacos! Yum!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just got back from my birthday lunch with my sister. I love the concept of "small plates" to share, but they have plenty of regular meals as well. A friend had recommended the duck tacos, so I knew I'd be trying them. They're cute little things, six in all, presented in a row on a rectangular plate, with grilled lime wedges to garnish and also to squeeze onto the taco. I could have eaten all six, but we ordered fried calamari & quesadillas as well, so I shared. My sister said the calamari was the freshest she's ever had and that's a compliment, as she's from the east coast. I'm not a calamari fan but I tried them and they were pretty good. We shared the quesadillas and they were yummy as well! The service was excellent. Our waitress made sure our coffee cups didn't get empty and the coffee was good. The place has beautiful décor as well! I was surprised they weren't very busy. I sure hope that was unusual, as I'd love this restaurant to thrive! I will be back, with my husband as well as with friends.

• Visited July 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Fantastic Fare”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

An eclectic menu with excellent service. Our party of 5 ordered from the "Small Plate Menu" si we could all share in the enjoyment of several different dishes. Shrimp, Hummus, Chicken, etc. Were accompanied by a small sack (yes sack!) Of their own made potato chips and dip which was tasty enough to be addictive. Everything we tried was excellent in both taste and presentation.
The location is right on the Town Square and thus a long way off the Interstate. Travelers with time to stop will be glad they took the trouble to drive past the chain restaurants at the I-40 Exits.

1 Thank Bartemus
“Absolutely Incredible!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

While The Cooke House has been a delight since its opening, this evening's wine and cuisine paring was a true highlight for anyone who appreciates fine wine and food. I hope this is an event of the sort that recurs on a fairly regular basis. The wines were excellent, the food utterly divine, the service impeccable, and the ambiance unparalleled in Cookeville. Truly an incredible evening-one that others should have an opportunity to experience! Many thanks to all those who contributed to this wonderful evening! Go there!!!!!

• Visited May 2014