“Worst Outback Ever”

Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“Worst Outback Ever”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

If you want NO service and to wait 10 minutes before a server talks to you then here's your place. This is the 3rd time I've received this service. I've even had free gift cards mailed to me due to the bad service here. What's so bad is all the times I've had bad service it's not been busy. Do not eat here. Go somewhere else.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Very good!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I recently read reviews and was surprised at the negative ones. I had a wonderful dinner. My server was attentive and pleasant. I had a great frozen margarita! My filet was cooked as ordered, and delicious. I have no complaints about portion size or quality!

Visited July 2014
“Hugely Disappointing. HUGELY.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We have long been customers of Outback- we used to eat here weekly (at another Outback location) with an average tab over $100.00. Our last visit to Outback was horrible. In December 2013, we were served a raw pork chop, twice. There was no offer to comp the entree, we were just blown off. We aren't looking for anything free, just to not have to pay for a poorly prepared entree. ONE entree, out of 4 at the table.
We said we would never be back, and we did not return until tonight, June 18.

I just want to say, Outback Steakhouse has declined to the point that it's no longer excusable. All the portions are smaller, and more expensive.
Our first complaint? Salt concentrations in sauces. I don't know if they have just concentrated over time, but they have always been great. Not tonight.
I ordered filet and lobster- the entree combo was $24.99. A $25 plate of food should be worth $25. The lobster tail looked like it had been run over by a rat on roller skates, and tasted like 2 week old tuna. It also had visible freezer burn. The filet wasn't really a filet- but it was okay, other than over salted.
My husband had the prime rib. Always good previously, this particular piece had been brined in au jus long enough to render it inedible.
I don't know if this restaurant just isn't busy enough to maintain quality ingredients, or if this is Outback's new way of doing business- cut costs, and hope they don't notice, but the place was almost completely empty on a Wednesday evening at 7:30pm.
There was simply no excuse for this level of poor quality food.
I do wish to say that the bartender and the food servers were wonderful. The bartender offered to replace the lobster tail, which I declined. I had a feeling all the tails were in the same freezer.

Sorry, Outback, we gave it another try. And, I believe that if you guys don't address this, there might be a reinvention of Outback in your future. Not, a good one.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Spinbird
smithville,tn
“Portions are lacking”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The entrees are moderately sized, but the side items are almost nonexistent. I ordered a steak and shrimp with asparagus. There were four pieces of shrimp and six stalks of asparagus. Our server seemed a little bipolar. Sweet and positive at first then dour when she finally made it back to our table. Then our bill changed before she rang it up. Maybe everyone was on edge because the a/c wasn't working in the whole place.Not worth the money in my mind...

Madison, Mississippi
“Best wait staff I may have ever encountered!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've eaten here a few times over the years and the food is always good, atmosphere nice, etc. But last weeks visit was nearly perfect and that was all due to staff and management. The waiter was very informative, amiable and attentive, even taught us something about grilling steaks that we didn't know. Manager came over and checked on us numerous times. The entire staff -- even ones that didn't serve us, but we just happened to pass by -- were extraordinarily courteous and cordial. Plus the food was good too!

• Visited May 2014