“Beds not comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here instead of Laquinta which is where I usually stay. It appears to be a nice hotel. Mostly clean. Pool had a large amount of "SLIME" in the corner but either no one saw it or didnt care because people were swimming in it. Definately needed a good scrubbing.
Our bed was hard and pillows were small and smooshy so no support for my head. It was thw worst night sleep ive had in a long time. My husband didnt have the same issue with the bed but maybe the few beers he had prior to bedtime helped.
Breakfast was very good. Wide variety of foods but staff good be friendlier all around. Front desk clerk was like a machine and the food attendant never said hello or even acknowleged anyone.
Could definately have been a better stay. Our tv had sound issues too. :(

• Stayed: June 2013
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Sorry that you found our beds too hard, we have a 50% chance on the softness of the bed. Most folks find them too soft. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future to make up for you uncomfortable Stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I contacted this hotel earlier this month to see if they had 12 rooms available for the weekend our team was traveling to the area. When I spoke with the manager he stated that yes he did have the 12 rooms but because the weekend was considered a holiday weekend (July 5-7) he would not provide a special group rate and we would need to pay full price.
I understand that the hotels and management set the rates but why a hotel would risk losing 12 rooms for 2 nights is beyond me. Even a $10 discount would have done it for our group. I was surprised that they were willing to have 12 empty rooms that weekend over providing a discount. The normal rate that weekend was $117 so offering rooms at $107 for two night not including tax would have equaled $2568...instead we booked right down the street at the LaQuinta Inn and they provided a $75 rate/night.
The interesting thing is we will be traveling to this area at least 2 more times before the end of the year so this hotel lost that business as well.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Sorry you found our rates too high for the holiday weekend, hope we can be of help in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here one night on our way from Memphis to Gatlinburg. Hotel was fairly clean and the breakfast buffet was pretty good as well. I don't normally stay at Holiday Inn's, but this one was pretty good. Only complaint...the beds are uncomfortable, sag in certain areas. I have noticed this at other Holiday Inns, so it must be the type of mattresses they buy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cookeville H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thanks for your comments, we strive to make every stay a great one. We do have pillow top beds an sometimes they appear soft or sag for some of our guest. We will look into a different type when we replace our mattresses. Again, Thanks your comments are always welcome.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is in my hotel and I recommend it for my friends who come to see me. It's a newer property and is located right by the Interstate. Making it easy to find (for them) and close to the majority of restaurants. I have stayed here when I needed to get away from the office and work on a deadline.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Hank F
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thanks for your comments, we are always open for suggestions. An of course the small thank yous that come along from time to time. Hope to see you back soon...Staff an management

Reviewed 6 April 2013

If you are going on a business trip, this will fit the bill. Mostly. Check-in process was quick. The room was clean. Another major plus is that the hotel apparently has a free place to wash and dry your clothes for a longer stay. The choices of the television selections met my expectations also.

Some things that bring the hotel down from very good to average include the fact that the outside of the hotel is not the nicest. I am unsure whether the fact that the hotel is located near a Pilot Gas station was one of the detractors, but it just did not enhance the overall appearance of the hotel. The breakfast selection was fine, but the staff was not as friendly as I have seen at other Holiday Inn Expresses, so I was not overly impressed. The major problem is that at late as 4:00 pm, my room was not cleaned. I barely had enough linen to last the night and in the morning. That really shocked me and negatively affected my impression of the hotel. Because the price was really low, I really did not want to hit them too hard. Also, I am not sure how they would have reacted if I had reported the late cleaning to them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Cookeville H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

We are sorry for the inconvenience regarding the pilot station, an not getting your room cleaned. We strive to make sure all rooms with out a dnd sign is fully cleaned each day an checked by our executive every day. I hope you will give us another chance to make up our mistake.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Full disclosure: I was traveling alone for business, I don't typically stay in this type of hotel, so my expectations may be unrealistic.

This is NOT one of the updated Holiday Inns (I have stayed at two of those in the past year and was favorably impressed), everything is a bit shabby and dowdy. I forgot I was staying here, instead I thought I was staying at the Fairfield next door--and I wish I had. I tried to check in there, and it was a big disappointment to move to the Holiday Inn, mostly because of location, with the decor a secondary concern.

The place was basically empty, but for some reason they still put me on the side of the hotel that overlooks the 24-hour truck stop next door...

Unfortunately I did not realize how thin the walls/windows were until hours later, once I turned off the TV... ALL NIGHT LONG trucks are constantly coming through and refueling/getting on the scales...it is NOT quiet, and as a result, I had the WORST night's sleep in recent memory.

Apparently, lots of people keep talking about the breakfast which I did not try, frankly I don't believe this should be a reason to choose a place to sleep.

On the positive side the place was very clean, and staff are friendly. There is nothing they can do about the decor or amenities--they're doing their best.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nashx2
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

The staff an management are sorry for your bad experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Cookeville, we strive to have every guest have a great experience every time. However the gas station located next to our property is an will always be a issue due to the traffic. On your next stay please request a room on the other side of the building to avoid the noise created from the Trucks. Please feel free to call one of our agents direct to arrange an specific room on your next stay. An always we appreciate your comments an will strive to make it better.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stay at this hotel twice a year. This hotel has always been clean. The service is always courteous and helpful. The breakfast is wayyyyyy more than "continental" (my four-year-old loves the pancake maker!). Have used the outdoor pool once - nothing special there, but it's there if you need it :) It couldn't be more convenient to I40 - Lots of restaurants nearby.

I would definitely recommend this hotel -

• Stayed: February 2013