“Am I at the 4 seasons?”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Pegram, Tennessee
“Am I at the 4 seasons?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Okay that might be a little bit over the top but I was totally impressed with the young man at the front desk. Very curtious. I checked the evening of 10/25.
I would suggest paying the extra $ 5.00 a night for a suite. My co workers are staying in basic room and what can I say? I upgraded and my room is amazing.
I honestly do not feel like I'm at a Holiday Inn Express.

The hotel is new, clean, and the decor is very appealing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JenJumpers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Irmo, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I am very rarely disappointed with Holiday Inn Express, and this property was no exception. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Only drawback was that I had to go all the way to the third floor for ice, but that's really not a big deal....there were elevators after all! Great place to stay.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Elysian_Field
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We almost always have a great experience when staying at any Holiday Inn Express and this location was right up there with the best! Newer hotel, very clean room and bathroom, comfortable beds and great free breakfast. We didn't have time to check out any of the other amenities like the pool or fitness room but if you want a clean, comfortable room in a convenient location (right off I-40) for a good value, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank csru
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

My family was on a roadtrip from Rome, GA to Indiana this past weekend. We decided to stop in Nashville for the night because we had gotten a late start. Well, at midnight we found out there were NO rooms left there because of American Idol auditions. We ended up driving East and ended up in Cookeville, TN at the Holiday Inn Express. Luckily we got one of their last 2 rooms available at 2am. The room was around $119 for the night and well worth it. The room was extremely clean and gorgeously decorated, and had in-room internet service hook-ups. They even offered 2 types of pillows, soft and firm. The next morning we went downstairs and had a delicious complimentary breakfast that consisted of belgian waffles, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, grits, biscuits, cold cereal, warm cinnamon rolls, muffins, and english muffins. At checkout time, we didn't even have to go back to the front desk. They have something called express checkout if you used a credit card the night before and you just call to alert them you are leaving and you leave your door cards in your room. Everyone we encountered was very helpful and friendly.
We definitely would stay here again and highly recommend it. The town is a nice little town also. They have several state parks within maybe 10 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank angela1025
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Recently my daughter and I took a little trip to Cookeville. Nothing specail just a couple days to get away. We picked Cookeville because relatives had just visited searching for Geodes and fossils. We also wanted to see TN Tech. What could have been a not so great hotel in a small town turned out to be quite nice. In what it lacked, (I'll get to that) the staff MORE than made up for. Friendly, accommodating, more than helpful... Now the down side, the Internet was SLOW. The business office only had one computer leaving me very uneasy when another person happen to need it while I was on it. Then it wouldn't close the pages I had open. Oh and there where nude pictures of men on it too. It needed upgrading to at least Internet Explorer 6 or 7. The monitor, and keyboard were nice and new. I would have like the pool open (Easter weekend) and maybe an indoor jacuzzi. Hot tubs are in big demand, and come in handy while sleeping on a strange bed (even thought these were quite nice) or after a long day traveling. Normally I pass on a hotel that doesn't have them up and running. All in all we enjoyed our stay in Cookeville TN oh and I am picky. The grits, oatmeal, bananas, cookies, coffee along with the cleanliness and staff made it a hotel we would come back too.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

All the hotels in Cookeville are concentrated in an area around the I-40 freeway and Jefferson Ave. intersection. (exit #287) Most of the cities restaurants are also concentrated in this area, which makes it very convenient. The holiday inn is the newest of all the hotels which consist of: Country Hearth,Country Inn, Baymont Inn,Hampton Inn,Super 8, etc...
The rooms are very clean with a comfortable bed, good shower, clean bathroom,32" flat screen T.V. We opted for a room with a King sized bed instead of a suite and were quite satisfied.
The only complaint I can give is the location of the room. It is very important when checking in, that you request an odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms are on the east side of the building, and on that side of the building is a gas station that is popular for truckers to fuel their rigs. The gas station has outdoor speakers that blare country music 24hrs a day and the noise can be heard inside the room quite easily.
The management and the local police are aware of this but are powerless to do anything about it since the music is just under the threshold of the noise ordinance.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mchayka
Arlington, Virginia, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

My friends and I recently took a road trip to ATL. We stopped at this hotel because of it's location, though we wish we hadn't. The property itself was nice but the staff was very rude and unhelpful. The hotel was supposedly "non smoking" but our room smelled of nothing but Marlboro's. There were brown stains on the sheets and don't even get me started on the unclean bathroom and hair in the bathrub!! When we called the front desk, the staff was absolutely no help and extremely rude. I would not recommend staying here, I know I never will.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends