“Enjoyable”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family and I recently stayed here while traveling through on vacation. We were greeted warmly and advised of family friendly dining in the area for our young children. We loved the pool area! After we settled in our room, we were called by the front desk to ask if we needed anything. Everyone was just so nice to us. Breakfast was wonderful and very filling. Would highly recommend this place to anyone else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Ms. Sue A, my staff and I strive to insure that our guests are comfortable and satisfied, we thank you for taking the time to write a review, which we appreciate. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My stay at the Clarion Inn was a memorable one. The staffs were very friendly and warm. The service at the Clarion was great. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good. The lobby was warm and inviting. I would higly recommend this Inn to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

My staff and I thank you for your review, it is a pleasure to have served you, kindly come again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had to spend the night in Cookeville because our family was waiting on the birth of a child. We had two very nice young men take care of us. Dustin Steward and Jeff Scott should be recognized for their excellent customer service. Both of these young men made sure I and my daughter-in-law had anything we needed.

Room Tip: We loved the inside room. It was close to the outside or the desk,wherever you needed to go.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

My staff and I thank you for you review. I have recognized both Jeff and Dustin and commended them on their great customer service. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again, seasons greetings to you and your family and all the best for 2014.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Clarion. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great for $5. The lobby and hotel was clean, neat and nicely decorated for the holiday. I will recommend this inn to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2013
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

My staff and I thank you for you review, we look forward to welcome you , your family and friends again. Have a merry christmas and a happy new year

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel for the last 5 years when attending a yearly sports event. We always found it to be reasonably priced, with a great staff - well not this year! When I called in early November, I was told we would get one rate on one night and a different rate the second night…we had never had this before (the event is always a weekend event). Three days before check-in I called to cancel one of three rooms I had reserved. They said everything was ready and there should be no issues at check-in! I was completely taken aback at check-in when they had our rooms in different sections of the hotel and were smoking rooms instead of non-smoking. The event had caused them to be full so we had to take what we could get. I'm posting pictures of the hole in the wall of one room and the light fixture falling in the bathroom. I had to go to the from desk three times due to the card entry not working! So disappointed of the condition of this property. This hotel needs improvements but after this stay, I think they need more customer service training!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I am so sorry and apologize for the conditions and disappointment you described. As you have stated you have stayed with us for a number of years and we appreciate and thank you for you business. Rest assured that this in not the norm at this property, we are currently undergoing some renovations to the rooms and would like to have you back so that we can completely provide you with a "wow" stay and of course we will look forward to your critique, for we strive to satisfy our guest. The door key situation is being looked at by our maintenance personnel. Kindly allow me to apologize once again and invite you back for we value you as a treasured guest.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Based on the service we received, there’s no way that we would stay in this Clarion hotel (or any other Clarion/Choice hotel) again. We chose the Clarion to stay in for three nights while we visited family in my hometown. After we checked in and settled in, we were told by the front desk that we weren’t given a dog-friendly room and we had to move. Two days later a housekeeper told us we weren’t in a dog-friendly room, even though the front desk said we were. Our last night there, someone tried twice to get in our room because the front desk thought it was a free room and had no record of us in it and checked someone else into our room. It was very scary. When we complained, the manager said that, upon consulting with other visiting Clarion/Choice managers, that they would prefer that we not stay in this Clarion the next time we are in Cookeville. Also, the indoor pool is not heated.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and thank you for you stay. I take this opportunity to apologize to you for the issues you described. These issues have been addressed with the departments involved and your review will be used as a tool to correct those situations.
We would happily accommodate you or any guest in a pet friendly room if at check in you disclose that you have a pet, for we are a pet friendly hotel.
As you have captioned "Never Again"...I can assure you that you will not experience this situation "never again" and would like to welcome you back, when you decide to come back call the front desk, ask for me and I will be happy to arrange a discounted accommodation. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

While traveling, we chose this motel for a good discount rate.
The motel is very inviting and the staff were very pleasant and
assisted us very well. The rooms were quite typical for the type
of motel and we had no issues with anything. They have a 4.99
Breakfast buffet which has everything you would want.
All in all we had a good experience and would recommend this Motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

My staff and I thank you for you review, we are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to your return and take this opportunity to extend to you and your family a merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.