“This place is a 1st class dump.”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“This place is a 1st class dump.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Well I had reservations, got there, checked in, headed to the room. The place smelled like it had Burt from cigarette smoke. Got to my room and i noticed every door looked as if it had a crowbar used on it. The curtains were falling off the wall. There was a chuck of something on the bed. The night stand on one side of the bed was about 6" tall. The room was a dirty,stinking, joke. I swapped for another room, and it was a little nicer not much. The lobby of this place was dark and looked like a good place for a mugging. I was in the executive wing. I would hate to see the lower end rooms. So I decided to leave and low and behold I met me a good ole prostitute on the way out the door. Like I said this place is a dump.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
First of all I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction regarding our room condition; we value and welcome our guests' comments. We strive in meeting our guest's expectations that is why we are trying our best to at least upgrade our rooms. Second, about your meeting a "good ole prostitute on the way out the door", we may value your opinion Sir, but please for the sake of our other guests this accusation is a bit harsh and unless you can prove that someone is a prostitute; I stand to disagree with you. We are a family oriented hotel and strive our best to uphold those values. Lastly, our hotel has never had any incident of violence, contrary to what you have mentioned that it is a "good place for a mugging".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am starting a new job which can be scary and away from my daughter for the first time which stinks, however the staff at the clarion has gone out of their way to make me feel right at home!!! I feel blessed to have gotten to stay here. I thought the maid service was great, the front desk employes were always very helpful and friendly and the dinning area staff were awesome!!! Lashawn was so nice! She went out of her way to make us what we wanted! And in the morning for breakfast Lisa and yoko were so nice! Doing refills and sometimes even making us waffles. They were really sweet! And as for the food Cynthia is an awesome cook! Especially when she made grits!!! And when peaches cooked lunch! Wow! I think I gained 5lbs! It was sooo good! Thank you all for making my stay a great one! I truly look forward to my next stay at the clarion!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
My staff and I thank you for you review. We are pleased that you acknowledged some of the staff by name, we strive to accommodate and satisfy. Kindly visit us again Ms. Peaches will be delighted to fix you a meal.
Thanks again for you review.
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After waiting at the check-in desk and watching personnel in the management office(presumably the shift manager) who were laughing loudly and having a merry old time and myself being ignored my spouse and I decided to go elsewhere. My spouse somehow got their attention and said "I guess we will have to go somewhere else".....we were told very cheerily "OK, goodbye." This along with the smell of the place made it easy to not choose any Choice Hotels in the area. That said, I recommend the holiday Inn Express in this town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Customer service is the worse possible and the smell leads me to believe the cleaning...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear valued guest, I apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. The situation you described has been addressed and the personnel involved disciplined. I would like to invite you back to my hotel so that you can experience a satisfactory stay. I look forward to welcoming you and your spouse. Again I do apologize.

Travellers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Despite negative reviews on this site, I can assure visitors, that this hotel is in fact a good place to stay. I have stayed here numerous times over the years on my visit to the Cookeville area. Considering I am a native to the region and have choose to stay in a hotel for the peace and quiet, rather than with family, I am familar with the hotels in this city.The Clarion Inn, is an older property with alot of updates, (formerly the property was "Holiday Inn in Cookeville"). The Staff are awalys very Curtious and prompt with service; The rooms are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. It is also very afforable considering the other options in the area! I will continue to stay here on my visits home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear valued guest, my staff and I appreciate your review and the sincerity of your words. We strive to satisfy all our guest and will continue to do so regardless of negative comments and reviews. We appreciate these reviews for maybe we missed something but assure all that we take all reviews seriously and that our guests satisfaction are important to us. Again thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Where shall I start? This hotel is a dark, dingy, and gloomy. I think the dim colors of the walls, combined with the skylights covered with fabric and god awful neon lights make this place one of the most depression "gulag" feeling hotels I have ever stayed in. This place appears to be a retrofitted "holodome"

The front desk lost my reservation, after I produced the confirmation number they found me as a "no show" even though my paper copy of the confirmation showed the correct reservation.

It took me 15 minutes to check in, and I was the only one there.

The room was filthy.

Water pressure was awful.

Sheets like sandpaper.

Only decaf coffee in the room.

Need I say more?

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
My staff and I appreciate and acknowledge your review. In the areas that we feel we can do better we will for we always strive to accommodate our guest and to create an invoroment of satisfaction and a home away from home. We would like you to consider staying with us again so that we can provide you with an excellent stay.
Eagle Nest, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

As soon as we entered the hotel we were welcomed with a friendly lady at the front desk, everything from their on made for a great stay. The breakfast staff was a joy to be around. I think a friendly breakfast is very important. The breakfast was good and presented well. Our room was nice and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
My staff and I are very pleased that you had a womderful stay, kindly come visit us again, thank you for your review.
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My son stayed at the Clarion Inn in Cookeville Tn and was treated great and it is a great place to stay! I can reccomend this inn to anyone traveling in the area I would stay there myself if I was in the area. My son was treated very well and enjoyed his stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
My staff and I appreciate your business and thank your for taking the time to wrire a review.
We look forward to serving you and your son again.