“Quiet and enjoyable stay”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was in town on business and spent last night at the hotel. Everyone who was working at the hotel was so nice and everything went very smoothly. The room was comfortable and clean. I'll stay again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thanks for the positive review and comments. My staff and I are working very hard to provide great service and and a clean room! William, GM

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I tried to book a room at this hotel but the clerk kept putting me on hold. The first time I was on hold for 10 minutes. I hung up and called back and the clerk said "hold please". I told her "No, you already put me on hold for 10 minutes" and she put me on hold anyway. I called again, She did the same thing. The fourth time I tried to ask for a manager, but she hung up on me. Never, EVER again. If you treat me this way on the phone, how on earth would you treat me in person??? BAD, BAD customer service. No wait...NO customer service from very rude desk clerk!!! Manager, owner...do you know how your front desk staff treats prospective customers?

2  Thank geoiggits

Thanks for taking the time to point out your experience! I have recently been hired to correct problems such as this. Please next time in Cookeville contact me personally and I will make certain your stay is a great one! William, GM

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Our baseball team booked rooms for a tournament this weekend...we had a few problems with the previous manager (Ephraem) not getting back with us regarding our rooms being cancelled on us...however...the sales director (Misty) was able to resolve our issue quickly! The new manager (William) was awesome and is trying his best to make everyone happy regarding the previous problems the hotel has had in the past. They are in the process of remodeling and are having new furniture delivered next week. The pool was perfect for the boys and the breakfast and breakfast staff were great! The bar attached has a friendly wait staff, great food, and is a fun environment for adults. We will definitely stay there next time we are in Cookeville! -Amber, Chattanooga Bombers Baseball

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to make a positive review! Me and my staff are doing every can we can do to make our guests stay a positive one! William, GM

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Everyone knows that with choice hotels that the clarion is among the top of the luxury chain. This place was more like an econo lodge. The hot tub was nasty and the pool was cool. Was supposed to be heated and maybe was but minimally so. Breakfast was just nasty. The room was average until we got into the bathroom. The bathroom was nasty and the water pressure just sucked. Also a urine smell in the room. I did not go to the desk and ask for another room. I feel like the room should have been right to begin with. There are better hotels in town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I apologize for the conditions you described but assure you that your reveiw is appreciated and the staff involved has been made aware of your review.
Kindly allow me to make it up to you, my front desk manager will contact you regarding inviting you back so that we could extend to you a better stay.
Again I apologize to you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Rooms were old and in need of updating, a musty smell. Promised a refrigerator that was not there, when they brought me one, it did not work. Breakfast bar had a cloudy sneeze guard and food looked like it had been there for over an hour. Went to check out and waited over 15 minutes while the girl was overwhelmed by checking in 3 people at one time (Where was her help?!?!). This appears to have been a very nice hotel about 20 years ago. I will not stay here again, dispite being a Diamond Choice member, I will stay at another hotel in Cookeville.

I will say this: When I checked in, the girl was dealing with a very rude customer. She handled herself with grace and dignity, I was very impressed and had high hopes for my stay. That young lady deserved a raise for the way she conducted herself.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I thank you for being a Diamond Choice member and apologize for the conditions you described.
The departments and personnel involved have been counseled and I would like to invite you back so that we can provide you with an exceptional stay.
Again I apologize.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Kudos to LaShawn,Lisa , Yoko and the cook, Cynthia. They made our morning delightful. It was worth the stay'. Southern hospitality for sure. Thanks! The rooms were acceptable and 2nd shift front desk lady pleasant ! The sitting room in lobby a bit dark but no biggie!

• Stayed: March 2014
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

My staff and I thank your for your business, we look forward to serving you again and we are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

this is by far the worst the hot tub smelled like pee and was green the next morning. . the heater did not work and the refrigerator did not get cold it did not work . the room key didn't not want to work and the noise was awful the room smelled awful and towels there were none be had do not waste your money on tis nasty place, totally not worth the money

Room Tip: do not go to the clarion go else where
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I apologize for what you described, your description does not fit our hotel and I ask prospective guest to have an open mind, see other posted reviews. We strive to please all our guest. It is apparent that you had from your description an unpleasant stay, I would invite you back and personally take care of your reservations in an effort to convince you that we will do our best to have you accommodated totally satisfactorily.