“Mississippi trip”

Best Western Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice hotel - very good location - check in and check out staff were great - affordable - would definitely stay here again. Many options for food - gas - bank - wal-mart in very close proximity. I didn't use the breakfast, however, it looked great.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Thunderbird01, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Thunderbird Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for writing us a review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a good stay with us and plan to visit us again. Hopefully next time you will be able to have breakfast. Make sure to try a waffle!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Thunderbird Motel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Possibly the best motel you can get. Very clean, nice rooms, well maintained property, cold a/c in rooms, and friendly staff. I consider myself a hotel snob and found this motel to be excellent. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Thunderbird01, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Thunderbird Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Jonathan,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us. I hope you stop by and see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was looking for a hotel to spend the night for my sons orientation at Tennessee Tech. The hotel was very nice for the rate. Our room was very spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable and all the bed linens looked very clean. The pool looked nice but we didn't get a chance to use it because of our schedule. We were about 10 minutes from campus and there is a Shoney's next door for breakfast. I will stay here again anytime I visit my son in Cookeville. The only complaint I had was from my daughter who said the internet was SLOW.

Dear Maria,
Thanks for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our rooms to be spacious and clean. Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to enjoy the pool! As to the internet, I am sorry to hear it was slow. I know we recently upgraded our speed from 20mb to 60mb, so hopefully next time it will be much faster for you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked this place because of the price, knowing that it wasn't going to be a Hilton. Everything was to be expected, nothing great or awful. On the upside, they were installing new granite on all the first floor rooms as of 6/10/14. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a one night stay on a through trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review here on TripAdvisor. We have installed new granite vanities in all of our rooms and there are other improvements to come. I hope you stop by again the next time you are travelling in our area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in March 2014. Located near the interstate so very accessible. Motel style, with parking right outside ground floor rooms. Right on a main road so quite noisy. Some interesting characters in the parking lot at night. Room had a very large king bed, but was very dated overall. Bathroom had pink and white tile! They have a free continental breakfast available. While this was adequate if you are looking for a place to lay your head for the night while on a road trip, I'm not sure if I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room on the second floor; might be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Monks,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the feedback our guests give us so we can continue to improve our motel. We are constantly updating the property. Just a few weeks ago we replaced the vanities and sinks. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hubby and I don't usually do motels, but on this road trip, we had to do a couple, and we chose this one because of the reviews. In order to be in a non-smoking king that was quiet, we ended up upgrading to a king suite in the back building, which was pretty quiet. For a motel, it was pretty good. The bed was comfortable and the suite size about average, and seemed to be fairly clean. The a/c unit wasn't too loud, and we managed to get a good night sleep. Breakfast was more continental than full, though they did have a waffle maker there. Coffee pretty weak, but hot and wet, anyway. Adequate for the price, but wouldn't want to stay for any length of time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thunderbird01, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Thunderbird Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Jeanette,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that even though you prefer hotels over motels that you were able to have a good stay with us.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We both woke up in the middle of the night and I saw something crawling on the bed, caught and killed it, blood spurted out, then upon further inspection saw several more and some very tiny ones, all had blood in them. Night staff brought more sheets, but after putting them on, which I had to do myself, more bed bugs appeared, so we checked out at approximately 3:00 a.m. We used member points so no money was lost. Called manager the next day, he did not seem to believe us, but did say that sometimes, these thing happen. These things should Never happen, there are procedures and precautions that can be taken. Will never stay at this hotel again and now we are skittish about staying at any BW hotel, and have always been extremely satisfied with BW's until now. Bed Bugs are just not acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara N
Thunderbird01, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Thunderbird Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Barbara -

Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We do check the rooms regularly for bed bugs, and Orkin sprays the rooms and property as a preventative measure every month. After you called and expressed concern over your stay, we had Orkin come and do an extra spray and inspection of the room. Although they found no sign of bed bugs, this does not mean we do not believe you. We further did a deep cleaning of the room including the mattresses, drapes, and carpets. We understand your concerns and hope that you will give Best Western another chance.