“Over & Over & Over Again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Cookeville

Travelodge Cookeville
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Midlothian, Virginia
“Over & Over & Over Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband & I (and sometimes our cat, Smidgen) stay at the Alpine Lodge & Suites whenever we travel from Richmond, VA to Hot Springs Village Arkansas & back. We've always stayed in one of the lower level rooms facing Hwy 70N / E. Spring Street and enjoy being able to sit out on the room's porch when the weather is nice.

In the 5 or 6 years we've been staying here, our room has always been clean and well kept up; at least as well as higher priced hotels and usually better. With this review I'm submitting a few pictures of areas that tend to get grungy first so you can see the level of upkeep.

I believe their salt water pool filtration system was supposed to be completely installed by the end of June 2012 and I'm looking forward to taking a swim there in July.

If you stop over here, be sure to try out the new Mexican Restaurant just a few steps down the hill. Very friendly folks, very reasonable prices and serving sizes, and (we thought) very tasty food.

And there's a nice little park with wooded trails across Hwy 70N to stretch your legs in before or after dinner.

I still have to say that the continental breakfast isn't really great. It's what keeps me from giving Alpine Lodge & Suites 5 stars. The coffee's hot though and the fruit is usually good. Sadly, I can't speak for the cereal and waffles since I have to have gluten free, but my husband's never complained so they must be ok.

Next time you're 'bout ready to end your day's travel and you're near Cookeville, TN, try this place out. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Room Tip: We've always stayed in the lower level rooms facing Hwy 70N and been very pleased with them. Th...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Leslie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

April 19, 2012
The rooms in the front have a balcony looking out to beautiful mountains. The owners are actually from Switzerland, thus the name Alpine Lodge. The staff is super friendly. Great place to stay for a decent price! Also, I found a coupon online and got the room even cheaper. We had a suite, 2 queens the room was huge with its own hot tub. The place is clean, but carpet was a little worn. Breakfast was decent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cheri p
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We decided to stay here for one night on our way back from Texas. We got a 3 queen bed room which was very spacious and was wonderful since we have 2 teenage boys. The room was quiet, and very large. My only complaint was the blankets seemed old and had cigarette holes in them and the couch and recliner in the room were pretty dirty. Also, even though it was a non smoking room, there was a strange odor. The price was right for this hotel, and the staff was very friendly. The room we had did not have a balcony, that would have been wonderful. If this hotel had some new blankets and newer, cleaner furniture, I would be giving it a much better rating.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mom222
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

The staff were very helpful with all our questions and concerns. The room was neat and clean, breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Pinnacle, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and I were in Cookevile on March 17th, and 18th. 20012. We had a very pleasent stay at the Alpine Lodge. We were there visiting a dear friend who has a terminal cancer and is in a nursing home there in Cookeville. The location, pricing and cleanliness of the facilities were superior to any other hotels in the area. However, the greatest feature was my morning devotional on the balcony overlooking the mountians and watching the sunrise. As it displayed GOD'S magnificant creation through the clouds and beams of golden rays of light, HIS amazing GRACE gave us peace in a time of need.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda M
Bethpage, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Alpine Lodge over Labor Day Weekend 2011. I chose it primarily based on price and the reviews here on tripadvisor. It turned out to be a great choice! We stayed two nights at a very reasonable price. Our room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was larger than average. There was also a microwave, refrigerator and recliner in our room. We appreciated the free wifi too. We swam in the pool quite a bit and found it to be clean and well-maintained. This place is not in the heart of Cookeville, where all the restaurants and hotels are located; however, for us this is a good thing! It was so quiet and peaceful and we didn't mind driving a few miles to find a nice restaurant. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and if I ever need to stay in the Cookeville area again, this is the first place I would choose.

Room Tip: We asked for one of the newer suites with a jetted tub. Definitely worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda S
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were traveling home from Nashville when our car broke down. The people at the gas station next to the hotel told us it was a good place to stay so we tried it mainly because we couldn't get home until the next day. All I can say is that we were lucky we were told to go there. The people who worked there were so nice and helpful. They helped us get pizza delivery numbers and even tried to help us figure out how we could get the car home the next day. The rooms were clean and large and I loved the fact that we had two recliners in each room!! We got breakfast the next morning included in our stay and the rooms were not expensive at all. I would stay here again. BY the way the views are beautiful. To all the people who work there and to the owners thank you so much for being so nice and for having a nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends