“Moving in!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copperhill
Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse
“Moving in!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and 16 year old daughter and I stayed in yurt #1 for two nights while relaxing and riding at the stable. The yurt was so comfortable, clean and cozy, and it had everything we needed for sleeping and cooking a simple meal. The deck with the table and chairs and hammock was so nice, we were not motivated to do anything but hang out and read! The bathroom was clean and, although a little bit of a walk down( and up) a small hill, we were totally prepared for that by the info posted on the website and, again, on the info. e-mailed to us after we made our reservations. We enjoyed the hot tub under a Tennessee sky filled with stars! Would stay again!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen L

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I love this place. The best of both worlds, all the comforts of home with all the charm and beauty of camping. This place is great whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a fun filled family vacation, or just a quiet place to get back to nature. Close to all types of fun filled adventures in the appie foothills. I took my teenage boys with a couple of their friends and we had a blast. Be sure to book some horseback riding when you are there. It's one of the best riding stables around.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cristina C
Collierville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I stayed in Yurt #2 July 4th week, a first for us both. The yurt is very nice - a great outdoor adventure for the more hotel-minded! The trail-ride with Bernie as our guide was excellent, and the outdoor experiences in the area, especially white-water rafting, are tons of fun. (Special note: DO NOT take your keys into the river, any river, with you. The river is a silent thief.) There were some concerns with the heat during the day, but I know Peggy is working on that. I imagine fall will be an excellent time to be there. Peggy and Bernie were gracious and accomodating hosts who responded quickly whenever we had a question. The hike up to the yurts and down to the (very nice) bathhouse was a small challenge, so take your physical hiking ability into consideration. Not an overwhelming challenge, but you might have to carry mamaw up and down if she's not in tip-top shape! All-in-all, a fun glamping experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
blanchemanor, Owner at Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you so much for your review! You both had such an interesting adventure with your keys, so glad I could help with picking you up from tubing and driving you to get the new keys made:) I do apologize for the record breaking 104 degree heat wave that we experienced during your stay, it did make the yurts quite toasty during the day. We have remedied that situation with an improved ventilation system and a stronger A/C unit, so bring on the heat, we are ready for whatever mother nature throws at us:)

It was so nice to meet you both, and I hope to see you again very soon.

Sincerely, Peggy Blanche
Spring Hill, TN
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife & I stayed in Yurt #2 out of convenience in order to participate in the Dude For the Day activities the next morning. The Yurt met or exceeded our expectations. The website was accurate and you can really tell that Peggy tries to warn you of the worst but give you the best. In the middle of Summer we were perfectly comfy with the temp in the yurt. Bed, deck, grill, and walk to restroom was better than expected. Yurt itself, bath facilities including hot were excellent. We recommend this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank housedc
Thank you so much for your review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your wife, happy 6 month anniversary! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and your activities at the ranch. I truly look forward to your return to our ranch.

Warm Regards,
Peggy Blanche
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

I must admit after reading the below post, I was a little nervous about what to expect when we arrived for our stay. Happy to report we had no issues, The air conditioning was turned oninside our yurt prior to our arrival. We were politely asked not to feed the dogs, we didn't and the doggies remained in the pasture next to the horses. Fun experience, so much better than traditional camping. We will be back!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Orlando
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Very interesting, unique accommodations. Beautiful views, WAAAY off the beaten path and very private. I had to keep reminding myself that this should be compared to camping, not to a hotel. So, compared to camping, this was excellent, very clean with everything supplied - linens, towels, pots & pans, utensils. Electricity in the yurt, small fridge, coffee-maker, microwave, lights & fans, gas grill, hammock, indoor and outdoor seating, fire pit, nearby modern bathroom, nearby running hot & cold water, even a hot tub (although not too hot, it really only got warm for us after 1/2 hour).

The two yurts are situated such that they each afford privacy but are close enough together that if two families rented both you could get together easily. We rented Yurt #1, which I recommend for a couple reasons - if you need extra sleeping space this one had a pull-out trundle bed in addition to the pull-out couch, so that our two teen-agers could sleep separately. Also, it is closest to the bath house.

I highly recommend the horseback riding on-site and will write a separate review. It was great trail-riding, with Amber as a wonderful guide. Highly recommended.

Now for the "issues".....there were a couple items that bothered me and some could easily be corrected by the owners. First, when we arrived around 5 PM, the yurt was completely closed up and unbearably hot. It was maybe 82-84 outside and I would estimate that it was well over 90-95 inside. Even after opening up and running the portable AC, it was barely liveable by 10 PM and was rather uncomfortable to sleep in the first night. This could easily be fixed if the unit was opened prior to our arrival. There was no threat of rain that day, so no worries about interior damage by leaving the windows open for a few hours. We left the windows open during the next day and the next night was very comfortable. Another "issue" - the 2nd morning we were awakened by the very friendly momma dog and her pups. Now, we are dog lovers and in general don't mind, but these dogs would just not leave us alone. If you are bothered by large dogs or if you have small children who might be scared, this could be an issue. We recognize we were staying in the middle of a working horse farm, so the dogs are necessary and should be allowed to roam. Not sure how or if this could be corrected. This brings us to the next "issue" - when the dogs would raise their paws, the distinct smell of horse manure was very present and we ended up changing clothes and washing thoroughly to get the smell off of us after being with the dogs. Again, recognizing that we were on a working horse farm, this may be expected. However, again compared to camping, I have never been awoken by manure-smelling dogs.

Overall - definitely glad we came. Would I return? Maybe, perhaps with another family to enjoy the camping / fire pit aspect. Also, I would probably target spring or fall and not in the middle of summer heat.

Room Tip: Yurt # 1 has a pull-out trundle in addition to the pull-out couch.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank candl20
, Owner at Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed the yurts. I apologize for the yurts not being opened prior to your arrival. It is our policy to either open the windows, turn on the A/C or heat, and turn on the lights and ceiling fan several hours prior to your arrival. I do not know what happened that this protocol was not followed, but it will be corrected. My sincere apologies.

Now for the dogs. I am sorry that they overwhelmed you. After some investigation, I found that there were a few factors at played into this particular scenario. We had an incident where some of our previous guests disregarded the policy of not feeding the working dogs, and fed them all weekend. I am so sorry that they were pestering you, and I have confined them to our barn area for the time being in hopes of eliminating this behavior. I only wish I could have confined them prior to your visit, my sincere apologies. As far as the "horse manure" smell you were mentioning, that was actually the organic fetilizer we use once a year on our pastures. They must have rolled in in, or walked through a large area of it. I am so sorry, that is not a pleasant smell, at all! It makes horse manure smell like a field of daisies, I am so sorry! That must have been most unpleasant.

I welcome your input, as we are always striving to make your stay wonderful adventure into nature, and a place that you will return to season after season. I hope to see you back again, and I will personally make sure that your stay is the wonderful getaway that it should be.

Peggy Blanche, Owner
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We took 5 little girls ages 6-9 yurting for a birthday party weekend. None of them had ever been camping. They had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the yurts. We had all the amenities we would need. The girls did horseback riding activities for two days, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, played in the hot tub, and gathered kindling for the fire pit. Everything except food was provided so you had all the fun of camping without all the work. There were plenty of places to sit around the fire pit. Our yurt had fans to keep us cool. The AC didn't keep up with the heat demand during the day (it was 89 degrees that day), but it was nice and cool at night. Towels and kitchen utensils were provided. The bugs weren't bad at all. Each yurt had its own bathroom in the bathhouse, which was at the bottom of the hill. We'll definitely be back. The staff was great and we felt that it was a child friendly experience!!!

Room Tip: Yurt number #1 is closer to the bathhouse, but yurt #2 is more private.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Todd J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copperhill
Ducktown Copper Inn
Ducktown Copper Inn
#1 of 2 in Ducktown
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse? Share your experiences!