Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN
US$140
US$123
US$113
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskenjoyed our staystaff was very friendlyshower curtainnice hotelwafflesbusiness centerwould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastnight stayeach morningcookiesgreat place to staymemphis areanice stayshopping and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a good experience at the Wingate while traveling East on a motorcycle run. The hotel looks brand new, but upon checking into the room it appeared that the hotel was recently remodeled, or may have been a repurchase (looked almost identical to the Hampton Inn Decor). Front staff was friendly, and I was checked in quickly.

I was able to park my motorcycle in view of my room window, and had access to stairways or back doors with my hotel key. The hotel key on the back side of the hotel wasn't 100% working, and I had to jimmy the key around to get it to accept the magnetic strip.

The hotel has the traditional offerings of a travel hotel. Free Wi-Fi, workout room, pool, ice machines and vending on the lower level. Breakfast offerings were nothing out of the ordinary, but good enough to get me on the road without making an additional stop.

The room was neat, large, and clean. The door to my room didn't close unless you pushed it closed. The A/C was either on or off. The temperature swing needed to kick it on/off was more than 5 degrees. The room contained a small refrigerator (turned off and had to cool), coffee maker, and had ample places to plug in electronics.

The bed was great accept for the huge pillows that compressed down to nothing. Seems to be a trend in hotels these days. Bed was good, along with the bedspread. Everything was clean.

The bathroom needed some re-caulking, and there were items under the sink that were left by prior guests. Ample towels, washcloths, and hand towels were available. The tub faucet was tightened so hard, I had to really force it back on. After turning it on, I had to force it back off to keep water from running.

Overall I would stay again, but I think the price is a bit high per night. The hotel is conveniently located to several restaurants and near the highway. Be careful of your GPS, it will take you a cray route past a Baptist College to get there.

Room Tip: I always book away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
WingateMemphis, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Deepbludives,
We appreciate your taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. It is a joy to hear that you had a pleasant experience and that our in room amenities and staff service were most accommodating for you. Thank you for your patronage and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I had car trouble and was stranded. When I arrived after walking a mile and a half in 90 degree heat carrying my luggage, the manager greeted me with an infectious smile and enthusiasm. He told the desk manager to make sure i got a great room and rate. They were very sympathetic to my situation. A few minutes after checking in Room Service knocked and said they heard of my car trouble and wanted to give me a bag of goodies and cold drinks. The room was nice and clean and very comfortable. It was a very reasonable rate compared to the other motels in the area. If you're traveling thru Memphis stay at the Germantown exit. The rest of the city is pretty rough. And there's every kind of eatery and shopping all around the Wolfchase Galleria Mall.

• Stayed: July 2014
WingateMemphis, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Gary B,
It is a joy to hear that you were very pleased with your stay. Our entire staff work dutifully and diligently to give every guest an exceptional experience and it was a pleasure to be able to accommodate you. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at the Wingate Cordova over a weekend for a reunion. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and comfortable. Hotel easy to get in and out of, with easy and close access to I-40, shopping, and restaurants.

Dear christopherrees,
It is so wonderful to hear that our facility exceeded your expectations. The entire staff here at Wingate by Wyndham works dutifully and diligently to provide a clean, comfortable, and memorable stay with us, and it was our pleasure to have been able to accommodate all your needs. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to see you again on your next trip out!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to move my son to the area. Overall, it was a decent hotel. Clean, friendly staff, comfortable room. The price was very fair because we received 20% off for staying 3 nights. We did have a negative experience the first night. Our van was broken into for an 8 year old satellite radio. They also took a pair of prescription sunglasses and two cheap headphones that just work with the DVD player in the van. Our loss was not great, just inconvenience to have the window replaced. It seems that this hotel does not have security cameras. We were not parked too far from the front door. Another vehicle was broken into and those poor people lost a laptop and camera. So just travelers beware. Do not leave anything in your vehicles at any hotel. This seemed like a very nice and secure area.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything in your vehicle.

Dear JulP94,
Thank you for taking your time in reviewing our hotel. We do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. On the other hand, it is wonderful to know that your overall stay was an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again next time around so that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Wingate is located along a busy road in Cordova, close to I-40 and near a mall and numerous stores and restaurants. It is convenient to get to downtown Memphis, about a 20 minute drive. The rate I received was very reasonable which is why I selected this hotel. The initial room they put us in was clean but right next to the lobby which was rather noisy. However, the staff was nice enough to help us find a room that met our needs. The night before we checked out there was a huge insect on the ceiling which prompted another room move. One night there were noisy people roaming the hallway late at night. Breakfast was average. The cereal selection was good but the eggs were stale. The pool, which appeared to be much larger in the picture then it really was, did not appear to be well cleaned so we were disappointed we could not use it. The heater in the room set off the alarm as well. They had a business center with two computers and free wi-fi in the rooms. Complimentary copies of the USA Today were also available. So overall I was satisfied with some aspects of the hotel (customer service, location, price) but there were some issues with others (noisy atmosphere, cleanliness).

1  Thank NJ-Tennessean
WingateMemphis, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear NJ-Tennessean,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly sorry that our pool and breakfast options did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about your experience.We invite you to please stay with us on your next trip out so you can see all of our improvements and that we may make your time with us more enjoyable.