“Comfy and nice”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Comfy and nice”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is quite new, rooms are spacious and well-equipped.
The first room we were given had a problem with the bathroom door, which seemed to be too big and did not close, so we asked at reception for a room change and we got it.

The second room was very good. two queen beds, a microwave, coffee maker and fridge.

The outdoor pool is good.

Breakfast is from 6.30 till 9.30 and has a fairly good variety.

Gym is a disaster. Hot. No drink water. Three old machines inside.

Nearby shops and restaurants: Shoe Carnival, Staples, Kohl's, Ross. Waffle House, Jimmy John's gourmet sandwiches, Wendy's.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WingateMemphis, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Viviana C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our facility. Our entire staff works diligently and dutifully to provide every guest with a clean and comfortable stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to Memphis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We came to Memphis to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary and my recent retirement form 33.5 years as a civil servant. We arrived early to the hotel was greeted by Jasmine who allowed us to check in early and proved to be an excellent judge of places to eat in the Memphis area. We told her of the purpose of our visit (celebrate and to enjoy the tastes of Memphis) to which she offered her congratulations and absolutely perfect recommendations of local places to eat.
The room smelled good (NS), was extremely clean, at a comfortable temperature and everything in perfect working order. The KS bed was very comfortable. One of the things I really appreciated was that the carpet was clean - not sticky, slippery or smelly. I could walk on it in white socks and they remained white.
Special mention for Jasmine who greeted us one morning as "love birds", Kim for her endorsements of Jasmine's recommendations and willingness to provide anything we needed, all of the desk staff for being so friendly, the housekeeping staff that kept our room clean and Tony the maintenance worker that assisted with the broken guest clothes dryer: using his own money to get it working then making sure we were reimbursed the cost of dryer.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Memphis area.

Room Tip: We were in Room 304 which was perfect Aug 12-14, 2014
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
WingateMemphis, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Stephen J,
We appreciate all of your positive feedback! We are happy that our hotel offered many amenities that fit your needs. Every member of our staff works dutifully and diligently to ensure guest satisfaction and it is a pleasure to know we exceeded your expectations!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I picked this hotel because the Wingate by Wyndham hotels we have stayed in before were very nice, this was unfortunately not the case. The first thing you notice when entering the room, is a strange smell. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The next morning I went down to the fitness center to work out. The workout never happened - there was a light fixture hanging down from the ceiling, the water jug was empty, there was no remote for the tv, the bicycle foot straps were missing, when I turned the treadmill on, it sounded like it was dying, the universal weight machine's cording was worn. Each piece of equipment was rusted, cracked and appeared to be so old it would be dangerous to use. I went to the front desk to let the manager know, however there was a notice that "The Service Representative has stepped away to assist another guest and will return shortly".... this sign was up from 7:15 until at least 9:15 when I checked out. I finally found an employee and asked her if the manager was in, she said no, so I told her about my concerns. She said she would let the manager know. When I got some coffee before going back to my room, there was a yellow placard with wet floor in front of the coffee machine, it wasn't wet, but had dried spilled coffee which again wasn't cleaned when we left at 9:15. When I returned to my room, I tried to hang something on the hook on the bathroom door, and the hook fell off, then while drying my hair, the hair dryer fell off the wall. The shower curtain was dirty or moldy, and the toilet seat wobbled so it was difficult to sit down. Before checking out I again asked for the manager. A woman came out and said she was the manager, so I told her my room and fitness room concerns. She thanked me for sharing and when I asked her name, she told me she was the housekeeping supervisor - the manager was still not in. This hotel is in horrible condition, I would never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynnedeb
WingateMemphis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had such an experience during your stay. We do indeed work hard to provide our guest a clean, safe and comfortable experience. It's important that our guests are happy with the experience we provide. I have addressed your concerns and would love an opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#4 of 6 in Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis? Share your experiences!