“Time for room updates.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cordova Memphis
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

Easy in and out, just behind Costco off I-40. Nice welcome from staff. Room was very nice size. Sofa was filthy but all else was nice. Poor attempts at hiding wiring. Carpet looked new. Small pool with strong chlorine odor. Huge floodlight just below our window..facing window! Usual Comfort breakfast - nicely kept. Best Feature: USAToday, not WSJ, delivered to room!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Texgrama

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I;ve stayed Comfort Inn suites on this trip, and most get 4 stars. This one did not. It was clean and quiet, which is important. But there were small issues.

Location: It's in the back of a shopping center and hard to find. Adimttedly, the cleark warned us and gave us directions. And there were good signs.

Elevator was slow.

Ice is only available on the ground floor.

It's a bit old.

There's only one guest washer and dryer.

The front door was not automatic. Want to wheel luggage or a card through a door that you have to hold open by hand?

No Ethernet port. But Wi-Fi as usual. Okay exercise room.

Our room was a real suite with a door, but no A/C in the outer room. And the single switch in the bathroon controlled both the light and the fan. It took us an hour to realize that the bathroom fan was sucking out the A/C, making the room hot.

Nothing fatal here, but enough to downgrade the place. I wouldn't want to say here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jxx9595
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This location is on Germantown Pkwy. just about a mile from the Wolfchase Galleria and close to lots of good eating places like Joe's Crab Shack and Red Robin. There is a Kohl's almost within sight. It's behind Cosco and a quite friendly place with an excellent breakfast in the mornings. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BJBall
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here some time back, but after seeing some of the other reviews, thought I would share my experience.

Check in was fine, we were upgraded to a larger room. Room seemed clean, very odd configuration, two separate rooms with a bathroom in between. The air conditioner smelled like mildew and screens were really dirty. Shower curtain dirty and smelly. Toilet seat was so loose, nearly slipped to floor. Lack of towels, only two in the large room.

My husband asked the front desk clerk for some extra towels, and a clean shower curtain. He was questioned why we needed extra towels. Said she didn't have any and would have to go to another room and get what we needed. Seemed really put out. Apparently, hotel manager does not give anything extra to front desk to accommodate guests.

We asked for late 2pm check out, at 11:11 am a housekeeper walked into my room without knocking. I guess she missed the Do Not Disturb sign taped on the door! I was a bit startled and half dressed, she spoke no english and I told her to get out of my room.

After this, my husband went down to complain about this housekeeper walking in our room and the manager told him we had been a problem since checking in, asking for extra towels, late check out and now a maid coming in our room. Her exact quote was "you are looking for a free night".

We couldn't believe it, what a joke. After he had some words with this manager/owner, Ragi, he came upstairs. We packed up, angry at how we were being treated and started to load our car. She must have realized she overreacted because while we were loading up, she offered my husband 1/2 off another night's stay.

Can you say too little, too late? I was finished with this hotel, already packed and we were out of there. Reported her bad behavoir to Choice Hotels after we left.

Horrible Manager/Owner, doesn't care about how her staff treats customer and she thinks all her guests are out to get something for free! Don't waste your time staying here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time, keep driving!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank Choice-MemberDiamond
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Was very disappointed in this hotel. We stayed there one night for a funeral and it took me 20 minutes with the front desk clerk to to convince her that $85/night plus tax did not add up to $184.00. She didn't have a clue what the total should have been and didn't care! Everyone waiting to check in was amazed at her attitude (and stupidity) and the couple waiting behind me was smart enough to go somewhere else. I would have left also but I was staying with a group. We all agreed that it was the worst Comfort Suites ever! I left a wake up call...didn't get it. I tried to do some laundry but there wasn't any soap to purchase. Again front desk said "come back later, we might have some." I killed two roaches in our room. The closet door was broken and the toilet ran constantly. The hotel needs updating badly. The carpet and sofa are very dirty. There are many restaurants in the area that are convenient and many other places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda461
watchful83, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cordova Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

The lady had two nights reservation and that is why the rate was $185 plus tax. We are sorry about any attitude she might have had but we train our staff to be courteous as Hospitality is our business. The gruop she was with had a great time and any complaints brought to our attention would have been handled efficiently and right away.
We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

This hotel is located directly behind Costco. I'm a light sleeper so I heard the trucks, but it didn't bother the rest of my crew. We were disappointed that the pool was NOT heated as advertised. I was told the spa was removed and it was "just an indoor pool". It gets no sunlight and it was not at the 84 degrees the manager emailed me that is their standard. Expect the standard carb breakfast with the backup at the one lonely waffle maker. Staff was pleasant, but over all the hotel could use some updating. Beds were comfortable. The manager did respond to my input, but don't expect the pool situation to improve. If the pool hadn't been a key element for our kids, I would have rated it average, not poor.

Room Tip: Ask for the side that doesn't face Costco.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was taking my son (who has a brain injury) to the zoo with my caregiver and was a little scared about staying somewhere. Let me say, this is the place to go. Shalanda (desk clerk) is one of the best ever, she has not been there long and needs a raise. she makes the place along with her great smile and attitude. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is wonderful. Thank you Shalanda for making my trip much much easier!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN
0 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cordova Memphis? Share your experiences!