“Never Had a Bad Experience”
Review of Villa Castrioti

Villa Castrioti
Ranked #6 of 156 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We've enjoyed Villa for a number of years and the food and service are always great. Veal is awesome, steak castrioti wonderful, chicken with garlic and oil pasta super fresh, house salad dressing always a hit. Rice castrioti with steak, chicken marsala and tenderloin cesear salad (lunch) my favs.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I took my family to this restaurant on Labor Day...and I ordered simple spaghetti with meat sauce. When I was served... to my surprise I found pasta, sauce and NO MEAT. I asked the waiter to please ask the chef to check my order because I ordered spaghetti with MEAT SAUCE thinking that they simply made a mistake and gave me the sauce without meat. To my further surprise... the chef sent the plate back and told the waiter to tell meat that "This is the meat sauce...we're just a little light on meat tonight." I am fine of people make mistakes...but please don't insult my intelligence. I am the Manager of a full service hotel in the area and you can bet we will never send any of our guests there in the future. The Manager finally appeared and apologized...and offered to adjust off my meal which I did not want him to do...and that they did not do... because I simply wanted out of this establishment. Unfortunately, the management here is not trustworthy. I will never be back.

3  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As a frequent diner at this establishment I have never been disappointed in the food or service. Our last experience was unbelievable. The night's special was lobster Thermidor for two stuffed with shrimp and crab meat. I thought we were back in Kennebunkport.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I love going there to my fresh baked pizza with delicious top quality toppings. Its always taste the same every time I order it. That's why I keep going back there. Unlike other places are a hit and miss with style of cooking. It's best place I have found to get my pizza. Its worth the added cost to have a fresh pizza vers a hot and ready one that sits in a hot box all day. I've been a regular for 7 months now, I wish i could have stumble upon this restaurant 10 or even 22 years ago. It's a rare thing that a family owned and run for 22 years in Memphis,TN. They have something special going on there. You won't be disappointed there.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Villa Castrioti has been in Cordova forever. We have even tried going there a few times in the past, but, every time we went it was closed. They don't do any advertising & it's hard to find their hours or a menu on any website!! They told me the only "correct" info is on their Facebook page! They don't have to advertise, they rely strictly on their established clientele & word of mouth.....with that being said, we enjoyed the food very much!! My husband is a lasagna "connoisseur", so to speak. Ever since his favorite Italian restaurant closed, we've been hard pressed to find a good lasagna!! Well, he has found it! It was very meaty & had the best cheese & sauce! Definitely homemade! Our group tried the toasted ravioli, spinach pizza, Veal with prosciutto ham & Castrioti Chicken with artichoke hearts & olives. I was a little disappointed with the Castrioti Chicken, it didn't seem to have any zest, but, it was a very large portion of chicken. The atmosphere is very dated!! They do have nice white linen tablecloths & napkins. They also have a very extensive wine list or you can bring your's for a $10 cork fee. Overall........we will definitely be back for the Lasagna!!