“An Excellent Value!”

Garden of Eden Cabins
Ranked #5 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Cosby
Reviewed 24 June 2013

First, make sure a rustic cabin in the Smokies is what you are looking for. If you are a person who is looking for a "Hilton" experience staying in any rustic cabin, you will not be happy. If you are a person who loves nature, who loves the simple serentiy and that mountain feel that a rustic cabin offers, you will love staying at Garden of Eden Cabins. As I am writing this, our family is staying in the Creekside Cabin at Garden of Eden Cabins. The cabin is VERY clean and spacious. It has a deck across the back of it that overlooks a beautiful crystal clear rushing mountain stream. This cabin has two bedrooms and 1 bath. It has a full kitchen and nice living area. All of the things you need like pans, plates, glasses, etc. are all there. There is a iron and ironing board. The stacked washer and dryer look like new. There is a grill provided on the deck. Lots of comfortable places to sit both inside and out. Iva Prince, the owner, is known for her outstanding original art. Many of her pieces that you can purchase are on the walls in the cabin as well as offered for sale in her studio that is on the property. The property is secluded and so calming and peaceful. My wife and I have already enjoyed strolling around the property looking at the beautiful flowers and other foliage. We have also enjoyed the hammock that is next to the beautiful stream. The prices to stay here are less than most hotels we have stayed at in Gatlinburg, and because my wife and I have been coming every year, and usually twice a year since 1975, we have stayed in many a hotel in Gatlinburg. The Garden of Eden Cabins, are an EXCELLENT value! Yes, I stay in Hilton's and the like as I travel the world with my work, but when I want to really relax and be surrounded by nature, with the perk of enjoying the wonderful art of a gifted artist, give me this rustic Garden of Eden Cabin! A PERFECT place for a PERFECT getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank stevewilhite

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We loved our one week stay in the Lullabye Waterfall Cabin. It's quiet and peaceful deep in the woods. We enjoyed listening to the creek in the night, nothing but the sound of rushing water. The cabin is very nice and clean with everything you need for a short vacation.

It's convenient to get to all of the attractions. And the Appalachian Trail runs through the back yard, sort like. We hiked, in three trips, nearly 30 miles, including Mt. LeConte.

We've also tasted the garden fresh strawberries, courtesy of Chris, thank you!

The Internet works, too! a surprising bonus. -- Michael from Texas

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was our first trip to the area and we couldn't have been more pleased and delighted. After visiting Gatlinburg we appreciated the quiet and solitude even more. We loved listening to and watching the creek from the balcony. It is pet friendly with beautiful grounds. They are cabins not hotel rooms. We enjoyed making a fire by the creek at night and hope to come back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Creekside Cabin and enjoyed it very much. The second bedroom has a little doggie od...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamSR109
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife and I have been going to Garden of Eden Cabins, two or three times a year, for well over ten years ... and this place is as close to paradise as you'll ever find. It's located in a secluded wood near an absolutely beautiful creek. I love falling asleep on the back porch to the relaxing sound of rushing water. The folks who run the place are VERY friendly and VERY helpful, and they keep the place immaculately clean (my wife is very fussy about cleanliness, and this is one of the few cabins that passes her "white-glove" test). Other folks I know who've stayed here say the same thing.

The only bad thing about Garden of Eden is when it's time to leave. We always count down the days before we can come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EMobbs
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The cabin was horribly small, dirty, and just overall gross. Kitchen was disgusting and old appliances. This was the worst cabin we've ever stayed in. Definitely NOT romantic. Overpriced and gross, we would never recommend this place.

Room Tip: Do not come here..keep looking for somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MFord125
ivaprince, Owner at Garden of Eden Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

I have lived here on my property over 50 years & in the rental biss of my cabins for 23 years. Over that period of time things have had to be replaced, renovations & updates made. No appliance in any of my cabins is over 11 years old. I pay a rate of over $10 hr for cleaning. Minimum time for cleaning, 2 people, 2nts, no pets & using only 1BR, 2&1/2 hrs - 4&1/2hrs. Four people 1 week with pet. Minimum cleaning time 5&1/2hrs - 7&1/2hrs. I cleaned the cabins for years & I know how long & what it takes to get them "CLEAN" & went through 42 applicants to find Joyce, who has been cleaning them now for 3 1/2 years. I personally check them to see that they are cleaned to the highest standards. I would challenge anyone who would suggest that they are not & will GARENTEE 125% of any rental fee. If you were to stay 4nts $340 & felt that it was not CLEAN, I will return to you $425. My cabins DO NOT have fireplaces, jaq. or hot tubs & because of that, it allows me to offer them at a most affordable price to fit most budgets as low as $57nt. Those who are looking for the finest, most modern, should maybe look for something around $125nt. This is hands down the BEST value for the $ you will find anywhere in the Smoky Mt region, Tn. & N.C. I have guest that have been coming here, some 2 or more times a year, since I started the rental biss. & would not stay anyplace else but with me.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

When we checked in Miss Iva and Chris proceeded to ask us all kinds of unprofessional, rude, and inappropriate questions for a cabin rental--they asked us where we were from, asked us where we worked, asked us for our birth dates and social security numbers. They even proceeded to call us back when they couldn't find where we worked online-so they were checking up on who we are! It is none of their business who we are or where we are from. It is not necessary or legal for them to ask for our social security numbers to check in! Talk about invasion of privacy! All you should need to check in is your money and drivers license like everywhere else in America.

Furthermore, the cabins are shacks--incredibly small, dirty, outdated, and reek of mold & mildew. The unit we stayed in didn't even have a fireplace or hottub, which is surprising considering every cabin place in the smokies advertises those 2 basic features. At $100/night they are completely overpriced! There are much better cabins in the area, don't waste your time on the " Garden of Eden"--what a joke!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 27 November 2012

What a pleasant, peaceful and wonderful experience. Lullabye Falls cabin was very clean as Chris worked extremely hard in preparation. Miss Iva is a most gracious host and her and Chris' hospitality and accommodations were greatly appreciated. Miss Iva is an exquisite artist and we liked her paintings, so much so, that we bought a painting of Lullabye Falls cabin. Hope they enjoyed the beef stew that Penny and I cooked in a dutch oven, on the open fire for approximately 5 hours.

HOPE to RETURN!

Christopher, Penny and "Tinker" Byarley - Point Commerce, IN

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher B

Been to Garden of Eden Cabins? Share your experiences!