“Great and fun!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Cosby
Fairfield, Ohio
“Great and fun!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We like to visit various parks for hiking and close to nature. I found this place through the internet. I really need the reviews to select where we want t stay so I want to pay back to those that look for a review as well. This place had a lot of good reviews and we liked the area from a previous trip in which we spent in a hotel in Gatlinburg. We have visited the Smokies many times, staying in Ober Gatlinburg, downtown, North Caroline outside of Bryson City and others. We found this place one of the best we have ever stayed. The property is beautiful! You won't feel like you are entering a resort when you pull in the entrance. Instead you will feel like you are in the park. You will realize a beautiful landscape and a wonderful cabin. We stayed in the Lullabye waterfall cabin. We arrived late, but upon arriving we slept to the sounds of running water through a creek. I woke up every morning to a beautiful sunrise, the cabin faces east with a cup of coffee on a very beautiful wood deck/porch that faces the creek. The cabin was immaculate. When they say everything was taken care of they mean it. I brought extra chairs for around the fire pit. Didn't need it. My goodness they had wood and kindling prepared for us. (for a short fire,. You will need to buy more if you want multiple fires). We brought extra pillow with us. Didn't need it. They have them. We brought a poker cooker for the fire, didn't need it. It was already there. The Cosby and Green Brier area is beautiful. We hiked to Hen Wallow falls and Ramsey's Cascades. Returning to the cabin was very nice. I just returned to Fairfield, Ohio tonight and I feel so strong about this place I wanted to write this now. Don't get me wrong. If you want a resort with hot tubs and pool tables and whatever then this is not where you want to go. If you like quiet, beauty and nature, then I highly recommend it. By the way, the hosts were extremely nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Rob P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the "Honeymoon Cabin" on the neighboring edge of the Smokey Mountain National Park lands. It was off the main road, but using the directions sent to us ("Don't use a GPS. You'll get lost!"), we found the place with no problem. Our hostess, Miss Iva, is a sweet, older, country lady, native to the area. She is locally known as a gifted artist, and the gallery on the premises is a fun place to investigate. Every cabin is decorated in rustice decor, but with several touches of Mis Iva's personal art. All pieces are available for sale in case you want a genuine, hand-painted souvenier. I opted for a set of post card prints.
The grounds are adjacent to the National Park lands. A lovely, cascading creek runs along the property's border. Miss Iva and Chris have taken great care to provide every comfort in both cabins and creekside. Hammocks, fire pits, picnic tables, and chairs abound for your lounging pleasure. We took several dozes while being lulled by the creek rapids.
Our cabin was immaculate! Cabins are filled with modern conveniences in the kitchen and bath. Take your own hair dryer, but don't worry about anything else. Even table games were in our living room chest. Do bring a camera, and plan to stay more than just one night. You'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: The bed matress in the Honeymoon cabin had a dip in the middle -- go figure-- but, it is the most se...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jAlida53
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you are looking for a nice quiet clean cabin in the Smokie Mountains THEN LOOK no further you have found it. This is Nice Quiet Wooded Peaceful and still just a short drive for those who want to fight the crowds and hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Seiverville you can reach any of them in 30 to 45 Minutes. Then return to your cabin by the creek for a nice Quiet Relaxing evening. Nature lovers I mean true nature lovers will truly enjoy there stay. I LOVED IT

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

First, make sure a rustic cabin in the Smokies is what you are looking for. If you are a person who is looking for a "Hilton" experience staying in any rustic cabin, you will not be happy. If you are a person who loves nature, who loves the simple serentiy and that mountain feel that a rustic cabin offers, you will love staying at Garden of Eden Cabins. As I am writing this, our family is staying in the Creekside Cabin at Garden of Eden Cabins. The cabin is VERY clean and spacious. It has a deck across the back of it that overlooks a beautiful crystal clear rushing mountain stream. This cabin has two bedrooms and 1 bath. It has a full kitchen and nice living area. All of the things you need like pans, plates, glasses, etc. are all there. There is a iron and ironing board. The stacked washer and dryer look like new. There is a grill provided on the deck. Lots of comfortable places to sit both inside and out. Iva Prince, the owner, is known for her outstanding original art. Many of her pieces that you can purchase are on the walls in the cabin as well as offered for sale in her studio that is on the property. The property is secluded and so calming and peaceful. My wife and I have already enjoyed strolling around the property looking at the beautiful flowers and other foliage. We have also enjoyed the hammock that is next to the beautiful stream. The prices to stay here are less than most hotels we have stayed at in Gatlinburg, and because my wife and I have been coming every year, and usually twice a year since 1975, we have stayed in many a hotel in Gatlinburg. The Garden of Eden Cabins, are an EXCELLENT value! Yes, I stay in Hilton's and the like as I travel the world with my work, but when I want to really relax and be surrounded by nature, with the perk of enjoying the wonderful art of a gifted artist, give me this rustic Garden of Eden Cabin! A PERFECT place for a PERFECT getaway!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stevewilhite
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We loved our one week stay in the Lullabye Waterfall Cabin. It's quiet and peaceful deep in the woods. We enjoyed listening to the creek in the night, nothing but the sound of rushing water. The cabin is very nice and clean with everything you need for a short vacation.

It's convenient to get to all of the attractions. And the Appalachian Trail runs through the back yard, sort like. We hiked, in three trips, nearly 30 miles, including Mt. LeConte.

We've also tasted the garden fresh strawberries, courtesy of Chris, thank you!

The Internet works, too! a surprising bonus. -- Michael from Texas

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was our first trip to the area and we couldn't have been more pleased and delighted. After visiting Gatlinburg we appreciated the quiet and solitude even more. We loved listening to and watching the creek from the balcony. It is pet friendly with beautiful grounds. They are cabins not hotel rooms. We enjoyed making a fire by the creek at night and hope to come back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Creekside Cabin and enjoyed it very much. The second bedroom has a little doggie od...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PamSR109
DeBary, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife and I have been going to Garden of Eden Cabins, two or three times a year, for well over ten years ... and this place is as close to paradise as you'll ever find. It's located in a secluded wood near an absolutely beautiful creek. I love falling asleep on the back porch to the relaxing sound of rushing water. The folks who run the place are VERY friendly and VERY helpful, and they keep the place immaculately clean (my wife is very fussy about cleanliness, and this is one of the few cabins that passes her "white-glove" test). Other folks I know who've stayed here say the same thing.

The only bad thing about Garden of Eden is when it's time to leave. We always count down the days before we can come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EMobbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosby
Creekwalk Inn
#6 of 52 in Gatlinburg
Bent Creek Golf Village
Bent Creek Golf Village
#24 of 78 in Gatlinburg

Been to Garden of Eden Cabins? Share your experiences!