“Bad start for a nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Recently traveled here with my sports team. Reserved 6 rooms in July; confirmed them three days before the trip. When we got there they'd been cancelled. Luckily, there were enough rooms in the inn, but the process of re-booking was tedious. After that, everything worked out. Really nice hotel, rooms well-appointed and well-kept. Better than average breakfast. We'll stay here again, but I'll triple-check the reservations next time. ALERT: There is no signage on U.S. 51 to direct travelers to the hotel that sits a couple hundred yards off the highway in a busy district. Turn west at the McDonald's and you'll find it. Just don't look for any sign on the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tupelodan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Tupelodan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean and comfortable with attentive staff. We were greeted each time upon entering the main lobby with a smile and always asked if we needed anything. Breakfast was served by staff that made sure all needs were met. Would recommend to anyone visiting Covington TN..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank laltex
Reviewed 25 August 2013

As expected. Very clean, quiet rooms. Hotel is new. Variety and tasty breakfast. Service is excellent. Indoor pool is very nice. Got extra towels with no hassle. Paid a little more to stay here vs the other hotels in town but well worth it. Would do it again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kkblue
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was traveling from PA to Dallas and needed a place to stay mid route. I knew I could push myself beyond Nashville and have stayed at hotels near Jackson before. I had not been all that pleased with hotels near Jackson and did not want to pay the higher prices for the Hampton in Jackson but I wanted a place that would give me a similar experience. This hotel in Covington was perfect. I booked through Expedia at 104.00 instead of 150.00 for Hampton in Jackson. It was clean, fresh, friendly, new and had a great breakfast. It was just what I needed to have before another day of driving. Yes, it was off my route, but I am glad I did it, it was worth it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurelwright
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding in the area during the weekend of May 17th. The front desk agent was friendly and completed our check-in process in an expeditious manner. The only issue I had was that he did not initially offer me the complimentary item given to Priority Club members. However, when I called him from my room to inquire about it he promptly apologized and had four complimentary bottles of cold water waiting for me to pick up at the front desk.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast bar, which included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, pastries, cereal and oatmeal. There was also a pancake making machine that was available for use. The one issue I had with our breakfast experience was that the second day of our stay the attendant was very slow replenishing items, but other than that, we had no issues.
Finally, I did have to use their business center, which is small, but served my purposes except the need for copying a couple of documents. However, that turned out not to be a problem since the front desk agent was more than happy to copy them for me. To sum it up, there was a Walmart, drugstore and restaurants within an easy driving distance from the hotel that completed our excellent experience. If you are in the area this is definitely a hotel you can trust.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IndyO
Reviewed 13 February 2013

When I pay over a hundred dollars a night, I hope to at least be impressed by the cleanliness. It was mostly clean, but there was a lot more new-ness than clean-ness. For instance, there was a long hair hanging on the lampshade. Granted, most people would not notice little things like that, and it's on a lampshade, not the sheets, not the bathroom counter (where I found a used cleaning rag at check-in...it was a great smelling rag, though.) Still, it was a pretty clean room and bathroom. So much so, that I thoroughly enjoyed a soak in the tub--and I can't do that just anywhere. There were a couple tiny spots of pink mildew on the sealant caulk. Also, the shower water leaked out onto the floor despite arranging the curtain as best I could. I could tell by the look of the floor tile that this is going to cause a major problem in time.

I couldn't enjoy the exercise room because of the squeaking elliptical machine. I didn't swim, but looking into the pool room, it looked clean and small and said "5 ft" at the deep end.

My room was kind of nice...especially the curtains. I really like having the sheer curtains behind the black-outs, and they all open and close well. The room is spacious, but not huge. It had a nice sitting chair and ottoman plus the desk and desk chair. The bed slept well, but for some reason, the room just didn't make me want to stay. Maybe it's because I felt robbed...a little bit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LazyDaze42
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. The accommodations are great. We stayed in a king room which was beautifully furnished and exceptionally clean. The staff was friendly and very informative. We thoroughly enjoyed our first Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Quality Inn & Suites Covington
Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
Days Inn Ripley
Days Inn Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington? Share your experiences!