“Love Erwin's”

Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Covington
Covington, Tennessee, United States
“Love Erwin's”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Erwin's Steak House is incredibly good! Great food, wonderful service and generous portions with great prices! Only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays!

• Visited February 2012

Memphis, TN
“Great restaurant, once you're able to find it.”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We live about 10 minutes away from Erwins, so are used to the area. But I can see how someone who's not could have trouble finding it, as it's kinda out in the middle of nowhere. That said, this is an absolutely wonderful restaurant - good food, atmosphere, and service. The atmosphere is very whimsical - you feel very comfortable and at home. Food may be a little more pricey than eating in town, but out here you don't have that many choices, so is just the price of convenience. I had the tuna steak and others in my family had the ribeye. We were all pleased and the steaks were cooked perfectly. The thing I like about Erwins is that with your dinner entrees, you get as many side items as you want! They have set ones on the menu and daily specials. I had the squash casserole, garlic rice and whipped potatoes with caramelized onions, all of which were delicious. Eating these with my tuna steak, plus the delicious rolls with honey butter they bring you, I was stuffed. I consider this one of the best places to eat in Tipton county.

• Visited October 2011
Millington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I have become very frequent diners at Erwins & have never had anything other than an absolutely wonderful dining experience. The food is always excellent (love the green beans & mashed potatoes) & the service is the best I have ever experienced anywhere.

• Visited September 2011
Covington, Tennessee
“A down home experience.”
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Erwin's is more than a meal, its an experience that takes you back to a time when everything was made from scrach. You can tell that great time and effort was put into the way they prepair their food. Most of the time I myself get the Beeftips, which are excellent. If I had to pick one favoriet it would have to be the mashed potatoes with the caramelized onions. Oh and did I mention their HOMEMADE pies, noone around here makes them anymore; almost all places order them frozen from whichever food service they go through. Over all they are the nicest people you will ever meat, and some of the best food you will ever have.

Burlison, Tennessee
“Service better then food”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The service is good when they are fully staffed. The location is a remote country setting and is only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The food is ok sometimes it comes out cold or dry tasting. On the positive side when you order a dinner you can have as many sides as you can eat.