“Promises Broken”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
softball11111
“Promises Broken”
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My husband and I are high school softball coaches and take the team to several weekend tourneys. We stay in a lot of Hotels mostly Hampton Inns because they usually have a good reputation. As always all parents can not go so we are responsible for at least 3 or 4 of the teen girls!! So i always get a joining room with the door between rooms and was assured that i would have that (lie). The lady at the desk was real sorry but they had just given the last connecting room away and I had reserved it 2 days in advance and someone walked in without a reservation and was given it. Her suggestion was to put 2 teenage girls in the room with the male coach and 2 girls with me in double queen rooms, I and everyone else that heard that just laughed. Also, when i made my reservations was told there was a laundry facility in the hotel to wash uniforms as we were playing all weekend long!! Guess what NO LAUNDRY facility, I washed uniforms by hand in the bathtub, did not get an apology for that either. And yes I called the actual Hampton Inn i was staying in not a 1-800 number and still did not get what i needed. Needless to say i did not sleep because i was responsible for 4 teenage girls that I was not connected too. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was good but did not get what i paid for really. We play in that town a lot and the Comfort Suites will be my next stay for sure.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank softball111111
csvtn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Crossville, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that promises were broken. I realize that certain conditions were not met as promised. There certainly is no excuse for what happened and I am sorry that we did not hold up our end of the bargin.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We really enjoyed this Hampton Inn. It seems brand new and everything was in top shape. The room was beautiful with a nice flat screen TV. The breakfast was very good and they even stayed open after the announced 10am closing time. The eating area is large and comfy. I only had 2 issues with the room - the volume on the TV would not go below level 8 and this was still pretty loud and the TV continued to wake up our child, so we eventually just had to watch TV with no volume (Mute). Also....the toilet seat would not stay in the "up" position, so this made it difficult for a man to use the bathroom (if you know what I mean). Everything else was perfect.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank hilburno
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. It really means a lot to us to see that our guests are happy. We have fixed those two other issues. Glad to have you stay with us, and we look forward to your next trip through Crossville.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2009

For years, my gold standard for Hampton Inns (and other hotels in this class) has been the Hampton Inn at Harbison Blvd in Columbia, SC - great staff, service, rooms, and lovely location. I will have to say that the Hampton Inn in Crossville lived up to this standard with the exception of location. (The Columbia inn has beautifully landscaped grounds on a pond with bike trails, etc). The desk clerk here was extremely helpful and welcoming, the room was immaculate, bathrooms spacious and attractive - all in all a very well managed hotel. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the GREAT review! I am glad to see that you were happy with your stay. It is an honor to meet a guest's "Gold Standard". Thank you, again for staying with us. We look forward to having you as our guests on your next trip through.
South Georgia
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns throughout the Southeastern US, but this has to be the best. This location is apparently new and it is super clean. The staff was extra nice and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The room was spacious and featured a LCD flat panel TV. They also had a very good complimentary breakfast with a good selection . I have already booked another stay here. This is the Hampton Inn that others in the chain should be judged by.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta GA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I stayed one night. Very clean room, ice maker on each floor, plenty of parking, right on the highway. Everything I could want for a quick overnight stay. Also has a microwave and a small fridge in the room, which is always a plus.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all our guests. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a great review, we do appreciate it. I am glad to see that we met your expectations. We certainly look forward to having you as our guest once again.
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We arrived at the Hampton Inn in Crossville at 3am after driving through several miles worth of horrific thunderstorms. Our original ETA was around 11pm, so the storms really set us back!

When I walked in the door the front desk clerk was waiting for me. She immediately said, "You must be Mrs. Cooan, I am so glad you made it OK!". What a wonderful welcome for a weary traveler! I am sure that I looked totally worn out, so she automatically gave us a late checkout without me even asking. That was wonderful! The kids and I slept in until 11am and then hit the road again. We missed the breakfast, and didn't have time to try out the pool, but the stay was exceptional specifically because of the service we received.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review! I am glad to see that we were a "welcome oasis". It is our honor and priviledge! Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible. I am glad to see that we succeeded. It would be our honor to have you as our guest again, on your next trip the Crossville.
AZ
Reviewed 28 June 2009

The staff was friendly and accommodating.

They certainly appreciated our business.

We'll definitely stay again on a return visit.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review! We value each and every guest and strive to see that all your expectaions are met. We certainly appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Comfort Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harriman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#4 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Hampton Inn Crossville? Share your experiences!