“This is a resort?”

Mariner's Pointe by EVRentals
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crossville
Mariner's Pointe by EVRentals
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Everything seems to be a little old, a little run down, a little tacky. Lake is nice to look at, but you have to share it with 100's of geese and they don't like to share it with you. there's better places to go.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the main building, it used to be a motel, it's old and lots of spiders a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank J E

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We booked a week at this resort because it was central to the places we wanted to visit. The check-in was so easy and the woman was very helpful and pleasant. We stayed in a 1 bedroom which was very nice.The view of the lake every morning was breathtaking! We did daily trips then just came back to relax. The lake was so beautiful just to sit by,and my husband did fish a couple of days. All the employees we encountered there were very pleasant and helpful. We really didn't want to leave! I would recommend Mariners Pointe to anyone who wants to just get away and relax!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank maryjake
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Mariners Pointe resort was a wonderful family vacation. While the decor was outdated the facility was very clean. There were just enough activities to do on the resort without ever having to leave the property. Each two bedroom condo shared a pier for easy fishing access. The outdoor pools were nice though they could have been painted an updated. The outdoor hot tub was not in service but the indoor hot tub was available. Fitness facilities were surprisingly well stocked. The miniature golf was a fun addition to entertain the children and adults alike. Boat rentals were available as were tours of the lake. While the location wasn't in the middle of everything it did prove to be a relaxing break from the grind. Customer service was excellent and everyone was very nice and accommodating. I would definitely return for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank MeganT746
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I am a RCI timeshare owner along with my husband, upon checking in the woman told me I was not on my reservation and was EXTREMELY rude to me, yet when she gave me my paperwork and keys my name was clearly printed on everything.

On the walk way to my second floor room I was forced to walk past 4 people smoking and sitting in chairs which made me squeeze the luggage past them. I think they need a policy on smoking so that non-smokers do not need to walk through it, especially with young children as I have.

The rooms are very clean, but outdated. My daughter tripped and fell onto the table and got a concussion. Yes, she is clumsy, but what 1 year old isn't? They need to update the furniture so that there aren't so many hard and sharp surfaces every 2 feet.

The "beach" is covered in goose poo and the water is nasty, they should close it to swimmers. The pool has huge chunks out of the floor and there is actual alge growing up the sides.

When asking a worker if my son left his ball in the pool (after closing) to a worker straightening the chairs she completely bold faced ignored me. I proceeded to walk in to get the ball and she gave me a dirty look. She could have simply answered me, it was so rude that I wanted to report her, but alas the front desk was closed.

There was no option to have a mid-week cleaning or even towels brought to you, you must take your own towels to the laundry building to collect clean ones. For as much as you pay you should think they would at least bring you towels!

I will never stay here again and I will not reccomend it to anyone. I even warned a few of the people that were checking in. So if you are looking for a place to stay, stay at Fall creek falls instead.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Sararye
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have to admit, before I say anything else, that I was a bit taken aback when I walked into my two bedroom unit the first time. The furnishings are undeniably dated...BUT: While out of date, the furnishings were in great shape, comfortable beds and VERY clean! Having now stayed there a week, I can say that first look, I never again noticed the decor. This is the perfect place for a family vacation. If you bring your kids, they provide everything else. Board games, swimming pool, mini-golf, fishing (out the back door), boating, tennis, horseshoes- you name it and it's here.
Even better, you're surrounded by good folks. The staff is wonderful and even the guests become part of your family if you let them.
There are state parks nearby for hiking and the funkiest tree house you've ever imagined! I'm not a fisherman, but I understand there is great fishing all through the area.
This is not a fancy resort, but if you're into comfortable and relaxed, this is a terrific choice!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Mum-and-Poppy
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I'm an actor here at Cumberland County Playhouse and Mariner's Pointe has been very gracious to open some of their rooms to relatives and friends that have come to see me while I've been doing the Sound of Music.

March 2nd, my best friend and his wife arrived very late due to storms that night and we actually got them to the front desk around ten pm. We had to call someone to come and check them in, which they were very nice to get out of bed and do, and the room ( a one br ) was very large. They were on the ground floor, and the room goes straight through with two accesses given. There was a full kitchen, a wonderful dressing area, and my friends enjoyed their stay very much.

This time of year, there was one other car there, so it was a little spooky, but all was well. There was a horse's head on one of the dressers, and I took and put it in the bed as a joke for my friends celebrating their 33rd anniversary. They enjoyed the joke very much and enjoyed their time at MP.

This past weekend, I had my in-laws and wife's daughter and a friend in a one bedroom, and another couple in a studio. The studio was on the ground floor and was still larger than any hotel room in the area. The one BR was on the third floor, still with two doors, but one had to take the elevator (which was not working the morning of their check out) to get to the room. We primarily used the door that faced the lake with a wonderful view. My father in law got out and walked Sunday morning and enjoyed himself very much.

Everyone had a very enjoyable time, and I would recommend this particular situation as one has more room than a hotel this way.

Thank you Mariner's Pointe!

Room Tip: if you get a studio, make sure you get a lakeside view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank hooddownthere
Reviewed 4 November 2011

If you're looking for excitement this is probably not the place. However, if you are looking to get away to rest and relax this will work fine. Situated right on the lake, we were there in the fall and the scenery is just beautiful! The staff was very friendly and willing to take time to give suggestions, directions, etc. The fitness center is more than adequate, and after working out there is a steam room, suana, and hot tub for use. They also have mini golf, shuffleboard, and paddleboats. Inside just off the lobby is a pool table and foosball. They also have an outdoor pool and a small beach area. The building and grounds are clean, though the 1 bedroom units are a bit dated. We experienced no problems during our week long stay.

Crossville has most anything you need or want, from fast food to fine dining. Grocery and medical facilities are near by, along with some attractions (Minister's Tree House, The War Museum in Downtown, and a couple of State parks close by). There are also quite a few golf courses in the area. We chose to drive to Nashville for a day and it's about 1:45 drive from the resort. Knoxville is about a 2 hour drive to the east, though we decided not to go there.

All said and done, the week we spent there was very enjoyable. We came home rested and refreshed. If your idea for vacation is Disney and excitement, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple