“Great Hotel To Stay at!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Toledo, Ohio
“Great Hotel To Stay at!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stop and stay at. The manager Suzanne is top notch and the desk staffed by Linda and Woody were very helpful to an out-of-state visitor like myself. My room was recently renovated and was quite nice. Breakfast was the standard for the Choice Hotel chain; the breakfast lounge is new and was a nice place to begin my day.
Though the hotel is being renovated it is still clean and well maintained. I definitely recommend this hotel as it is easy to find and the best place to stay in the Crossville, TN area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out to review our property and for your wonderful compliments. We are delighted you had such a good stay with us and we welcome you back on your next trip to Crossville.

I will pass on your kind words to my staff.

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

14 ladies checked in on Friday to find construction. Never warned by hotel during reservations or confirmation call. NO water for first two hours! Jack hammers all afternoon. No lobby furniture and dining area even closed in evening. No where to sit or gather. Tried the pool and they wouldn't even let us stay in there after 10pm. I understand rules but under the circumstances...Sigh. Dust everywhere. Shower curtains too short after remodel and water everywhere. Nice large rooms. Will be fine once finished. Friendly staff. Do not think full price should have been charged during this mess. Very disappointed with choice hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hmc1974
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Please let me start by thanking you for reaching out to me. I sincerely understand your disappointment with your stay at our hotel recently.

We are a Gold Award winning property so we do really care about our guests and we truly are saddened when a stay is not up to expectations. The reservation was booked via Amy at the Playhouse and they know we are doing major renovations, we have let everyone know and have advertised this on our website, via Choice, Facebook and any reservations we make we are letting guests know the hotel is being renovated in order to be open and honest, I know this does not help your situation and I do apologize - I will reach out to the Playhouse again and make sure they let guests know about our renovations.

During renovation we have to stay open and we are desperately trying to keep the hotel as dust free as possible, its a difficult process but we are working very hard. I see you paid the discounted playhouse rate of $79.00 a night plus tax (our normal rate is $99.95 we do have a renovation rate set up of $79.95) however, I am more than happy to take this down to our friends and family rate of $49.00 a night plus tax as my way of trying to apologize for any inconvenience.

Some ladies changed their reservations into their own names can you please let me know their names so I can adjust their folios accordingly. Please understand the issues you noted never usually happen at our hotel, we are regarded as one of the best in Crossville, and we have won the People's Choice Best Hotel for the last 5 years running so please believe me when I say we do care, we are disappointed that you were unhappy and we do understand your concerns, Please come back after March and see our new look hotel and give us another chance I know you will not be disappointed.

Kind regards Suzanne Moffat - General Manager
Simi Valley
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. Even though it was undergoing some renovations in the lobby we were warmly greeted and our accommodations were comfortable. The room was spacious with plenty of "elbow room" for the two of us. Bed was firm but provided a good sleep.

Breakfast was typical of the Choice Inn's that we have stayed in but adequately supplied and good choices.

I would recommend this hotel if you happen to be in the Central Tennessee plateau between Nashville and Knoxville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Louis,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted our renovations did not interrupt your stay, we are being sure to keep this to a minimum and we should be complete soon. The new look will include a totally new foyer, new breakfast area, all new room fixtures including new bedding, furniture, bathrooms vanities etc so in fact we feel like a completely brand new hotel. I know you will be impressed with our new look so please come back and see us and I guarantee a fantastic stay for you.

kind regards

Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Not exactly close to downtown Crossville, but it is a nice area. We felt very safe there.

The building shows some signs of aging, but everything was very clean. The bed was great. Other furnishings not so plush, but It's Comfort Suite's not a Hilton.

The staff was so friendly and accommodating--especially Linda and Woody. Even the housekeepers were very friendly!

Free breakfast was typical so went across the interstate to Hardee's for breakfast. The cookies and great coffee in the lobby during the afternoon was a nice touch.

Room Tip: top floor away from interstate
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.

We are delighted you had a great stay with us, we are just about to start our Property Improvement Plan which will be an exciting time for us! We will be doing some really wonderful changes so I do hope you come back to see us all real soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

When you stay here its like you are family. If you ever need anything like a sink stopper bath mat or a mint all you have to do is ask and they will go out of there way to make the guest feel like they are the top priority.

You are always well greeted up arriving and anytime one of the staff see you out they ask how everything is and if you need anything. I could not ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Like being at home !!! This is exactly what we want all of our guests to feel like.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We always want to exceed our customers expectations and we are delighted you experience this on your stays at our hotel.

Come back and see us !

Thank you again - Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in your wonderful accommodations on several golf outings in the Crossville area. It makes you feel good to stay in such a clean and comfortable "home" away from home. The rooms and the common areas are always well kept. My golfing buddies always appreciate the free and tasty breakfast. I have to say the general manager, Suzanne Moffet, knows how to treat guest by making them feel special. She is knowledgeable of the area and is willing to make recommendations and to give directions to local restaurants, drugstores, and in our case golf courses. Suzanne offers that touch of southern hospitality even with her Scottish accent. The entire staff from the front desk to the housekeeping employees along with the cooks seem to have taken her lead to just be nice to people and they will keep coming back. I call this job security. My wife and I just took a trip to West Virginia and to the Smoky Mountains. As a result of the service that I experienced from Suzanne and her staff we decided to stay in hotels that are affiliated with the Choice Hotel chain. The Crossville group made believers out of us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for you review - I feel truly honored and humbled by your wonderfully kind words. I love what I do and I really feel blessed to work with an amazing team at the Comfort Suites in Crossville. We all really want to make our hotel a 'home' away from 'home' and it makes each and everyone of us delighted when this is found to be the case and appreciated.

Thank you again for taking time to write such a wonderful review - I know you will be back and I promise a warm welcome and of course will have the cookies and coffee waiting for y'all!..

Kind regards

Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Yes, do stay at this location!! A lengthy review is needed to do justice to this fine motel!

My Crossville "home" whenever I am in the area. This is the only time I ever experienced a "problem". My room was on the ground floor near the stop light, which made it noisy. I mentioned it to the desk agent (Denise) the next morning and poof...I was moved to a room I enjoyed a previous stay. (I didn't even ask to be moved as I understood the hotel to be full for the week-end!!) Slept very well that night and thoroughly enjoyed the huge hot breakfast.

This well-stocked breakfast offers: 2 cereals (Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops), milk (2% and whole), make-your-self waffles (strawberry and regular), honey, maple syrup, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), sausage, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), juice (apple and orange), toast (white and wheat), jams (strawberry, grape and mixed), bagels (strawberry and regular cream cheese, mini muffins (poppyseed, banana nut). As I said huge.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable bed, (wasn't wild about the small pillows), free Wi-Fi. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool (closed for season). Extremely convenient to I-40 at exit 322. A right turn from parking lot will take you 4 miles to historic downtown Crossville. Several churces are also near by. A great place to stay if you are a golfer as Crossville is also know for it's courses. Also, there is an annual Oktoberfest minutes away if you are visiting in October.

Your "Gold Award" is well deserved! Kudos to the entire staff, especially Denise!

Room Tip: No "bad" rooms unless a light sleeper. Then request an upper room or away from the red li...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review !!

We love that you call us your Crossville "home" - this is exactly the positive experience we want all of our guests to experience.

We work really hard for our Gold Award and I am so delighted you enjoy your stays with us, we only aim to keep improving on providing better and better accommodations for all of our guests, our renovations start soon - if you like us now? you will love us when they are complete.

Please come back and see us.

Kind regards

Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Hampton Inn Crossville
#4 of 12 in Crossville
Super 8 Crossville TN
Super 8 Crossville TN
#3 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!