“Good food, sub-par atmosphere”
Review of Red's Ale House

Red's Ale House
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: Diner
“Good food, sub-par atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

The pizza and loaded-potato soup we ordered was among the best we've ever eaten, but the atmosphere was not pleasant. We were seated in the pub, which was too dark and it didn't help that we saw a drunk patron vomit all over the back door and then cone back for more drinks. The main dining area resembled a cafeteria, very sterile looking. Would never drive the 1:20 minutes from Rugby again to come here, even though the food was good. The long drive and atmosphere just ruined it for me, even though I finished my pizza even after watching the technicolor yodle on the back door.

Grove City, Ohio
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This location is out of the way but worth the good food selection. The ribeye steak (not frozen ) and pizza ( homemade) was really good. While on vacation we ate him twice and enjoyed it.

Jackson, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very clean, great food!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This small restaurant has a very clean atmosphere, friendly waitstaff, quick service and great food. The portions are large and tasty, and they make their own thousand island dressing. My husband got the club sandwiches which was basically two sandwiches it was so big. I got the swiss mushroom burger and couldn't finish it! It was by far the best place we dined in the area while we were here visiting.

1 Thank Erin K
Louisville, Kentucky
“What a pleasant surprise....”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I travel with a group of 16 guys every year to play golf at Fairfield Glade in Tennessee. We were in search of a VERY casual restaurant that would not be upset with a bunch of loud guys eating dinner. I traded emails with the owner of Red's Ale House and he was more than happy to have us in his place. He indicated he would seat us in the pub area of the restaurant which was perfect. We arrived at our appointed time and everything was ready. Stevie our server was friendly, efficient and just a pleasant young woman. We ordered everything from fish to burgers and all of the food was prepared perfectly and delivered hot which is not a small feat for a table of 16. They have a large selection of beers available in bottles and on tap. They do not serve liquor but you can bring in your own bottle if you like. Prices are very reasonable and it was just a fun place to hang out after a rainy day on the golf course. We will be back next year........and by the way be sure and try the tariyaki wings as they were fabulous.

1 Thank Mainframer
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The first time I went there, it was to pick up a large loaded pizza that I had ordered. The pizza was still very warm when I got home. It was the best pizza I have ever had. They don't just put on stringy mozzarella cheese; they also add another softer cheese. The combination tastes great. The toppings were generous and the soft crust I ordered was just the right texture.
I have been back, and will continue to do so.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Red's Ale House? Share your experiences!