“Disappointed”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steaks-Seafood-Chops-Lamb-Chicken. Full service casual dining.... Golfers-Travelers-Families--Date Night Kids menu available Ten and under. Full Service Bar and wine list available Reservations recommended but NOT required
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had eaten here a few years ago and enjoyed it so much we returned during the week. This time, all 4 meals ordered were overcooked.

Visited September 2013

Crossville, Tennessee
“Brass Lantern Restaurant Still Good Even Three Years Later”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have been to the Brass Lantern several times since moving to Tennessee. It is near Crossviile, TN at exit 322 off of route 40. This time I finally remembered to bring my camera, so I could take pictures. In the same building is the Chestnut Hill Winery and since we were early we went in and did a wine tasting.

Ordered the escargot for an appetizer ($11), which unfortunately had way too much jarred chopped garlic. Flaky puff pastry that was mentioned in the description was only small rounds over each snail. I had pictured the whole escargot baker to be topped with puff pastry.

Meal comes with a nice salad, but no croutons. I would think since they serve wonderful warm rolls - that they could make homemade croutons with any of the the leftover rolls.

I had the Tornadoes of Beef ($25) which was tenderloin with a mushroom Madeira sauce. The beef was very tender. My spouse ordered the Sea Scallops ($23) Unfortunately the garlic (again jarred) in the dish was scorched. We would have requested a replacement - but we were time constrained. Each entree included yellow squash and either a potato, rice or pasta. The yellow squash was a bit over cooked. Fresh green beans or asparagus would have been a better choices. With the squash both of our plates were very monochromatic.

We will go again, but we will definitely stay away from dishes with garlic!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank magic_carpets
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Don't even think about going here”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Well 4 of us went for dinner there tonight . The escargot were tasteless, the Caesar salad was excellent , and then we waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for our entrees, which never arrived. They claimed they were serving a large bus group, so folk like us had to wait. The waitress was terribly apologetic,and tried to get a response from the kitchen, which seemed to be a scene of total chaos .The "manager" who was supposed to be in charge, was arrogant, totally incompetent ,and should not be running a restaurant. Give this place a miss,but feel sorry for the poor waitresses.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 133john
Covington, Virginia
“Good but pricy”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped not knowing what to expect. It was a little more fancy than we expected being in jeans and t shirts and sneakers. They close early, everywhere in Crossville seems to, which even though we are from a small town we are not used to. We did get there just in time to be seated (no seating after 745). The menu is not huge, steaks and seafood and pasta- no sandwiches or anything like that. We ordered the filet mignon and pasta primavera and both were very yummy. They came with soup which was also delicious. The decor is a little dated as well, but service was overall pretty good and food was good so we would come back just a little better dressed.

Visited August 2013
Wilmington, Ohio
“Small town, great food”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My first visit to crossville, tn, but probably not my last. I sure am glad I found a nice place for dinner. We went dressed as is (shorts). I had the shrimp scampi and I almost licked my plate it was so good.

• Visited July 2013

Been to The Brass Lantern Restaurant and Lounge? Share your experiences!